Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Canadian imas? Need Pesach info
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:50 am
Will we be able to be in Toronto for last days and Niagara Falls CHM? Road trip from NYC What is the situation like? Should I make other plans? There isn’t much info on Canada in the news.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:53 am
I don't think it's smart to go to a different country now. You might have to quarantine. And in case of emergency it's not fair to expect a different country to provide help for non citizens.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:56 am
Canadian here. There is info. You need to look at Canadian news sources. www.cbc.ca or https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/ anyway - like everywhere else the situation is changing.

currently - you'd be asked to quarantine for 14 days once you come in. There is no information on when that will be lifted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I don't think it's smart to go to a different country now. You might have to quarantine. And in case of emergency it's not fair to expect a different country to provide help for non citizens.

I would have to pay privately at high dollar for medical care in Canada. That’s not a burden on their citizens.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:59 am
they are talking about restricting visitors to only those who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. you may not be allowed in at all.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Canadian here. There is info. You need to look at Canadian news sources. www.cbc.ca or www.ctv.ca anyway - like everywhere else the situation is changing.

currently - you'd be asked to quarantine for 14 days once you come in. There is no information on when that will be lifted.

Thank you for the sites. It doesn’t sound feasible to go for Pesach at this point but it may change.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:00 pm
You may not be able to get back into the United states for some time if borders are closed so plan accordingly. Let's say you are stuck there till June? It's very possible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
they are talking about restricting visitors to only those who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. you may not be allowed in at all.

Where can I check for updates on this? Is there an equivalent to the US State Department?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have to pay privately at high dollar for medical care in Canada. That’s not a burden on their citizens.

of course it is.

Its not the money its the availability of resources.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
You may not be able to get back into the United states for some time if borders are closed so plan accordingly. Let's say you are stuck there till June? It's very possible.

I do work remotely. 3 mo vacay sounds great! LOL

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where can I check for updates on this? Is there an equivalent to the US State Department?

just follow the Canadian news sources. www.cbc.ca and https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:03 pm
Does that work for your kids? Your hosts? I mean, if you happen to own a second home, there, great. Not so much if you are staying in your in law's basement for the duration.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You could buy visiters to canada health insurance - we do that when we go - though who knows if its available nowadays

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:49 pm
Ontario, Canada declared a state of emergency this morning.
Not sure what all the restrictions are.

estreya

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:25 pm
We are in lockdown now. Borders are closed except in certain cases, I.e. business and trade.

ONLY Canadian nationals (people RESIDING at a Canadian address year round) can come in or come home now -- as of yesterday, I believe. It is closed to all foreign nationals.

Americans, are the exception (until further notice).

It's going to be a very different Pesach this year Sad

Last edited by estreya on Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

momof2+?

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:42 pm
estreya wrote:
We are in lockdown now. Borders are closed except in certain cases, I.e. business and trade.

ONLY Canadian nationals (people RESIDING at a Canadian address year round) can come in or come home now -- as of yesterday, I believe. Even my spouse's sister, who resides in Florida, cannot come in even though she grew up here and has a Canadian passport.

It's going to be a very different Pesach this year Sad

Where are you getting your information from? Link?

estreya

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:56 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Where are you getting your information from? Link?

Sorry TMI -- I corrected my post. I posted too quickly. I meant to add exception to Americans.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:23 pm
estreya wrote:
Sorry TMI -- I corrected my post. I posted too quickly. I meant to add exception to Americans.

Land border between US will remain open
https://abcnews.go.com/Interna.....25654

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:29 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Land border between US will remain open
https://abcnews.go.com/Interna.....25654

That was Monday. This could change.

estreya

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:46 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
That was Monday. This could change.

100%

If they decide the borders need to close and one gets stuck, it will be a disaster.

I won't be surprised if it changes over the coming week(s) to include Americans [and entry of Canadians into USA].

This thing is NOT going to be over in the next month or two from the way thing are currently going.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics