Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Summer plan B, east coast

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:11 am
We were supposed to travel out of the country this summer so I didnt sign my kids up for day camp. Now that trip is not happening and day camps are possibly not happening either and not sure I could even get a spot at this point if they are. So with that being said we were considering renting a house with a pool somewhere so we can have a change of scenery.
Before you respond please note we will only do this plan if it is deemed safe and acceptable by all authorities. I will not be booking anything now I just want to see what my options are.

Any suggestions of places to check out? We are coming from ny area and in prefer further south as I really really like the heat.

Fave

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:40 am
Orlando has many house rental option (with pools) but it’s pretty hot there in the summer.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:58 am
Check out air bnb for the Poconos, Vermont, New Hampshire.

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:59 am
You could also try the Jersey shore. There should be places near to Deal and Lakewood for easy access to kosher food and hash amenities

doctorima

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:08 am
Any other requirements, such as minyan weekday or Shabbos, kosher restaurants, or even mikvah? And are you comfortable driving, or would you only go if flights are available?

I don't know about houses with pools, but Atlanta is great - shuls, a few restaurants, Coca Cola factory tour, a great aquarium. I'm sure you could check AirBNB and find some houses with pools. Closer to NYC you have tons of vacation houses along the ocean with pools in places like Virginia Beach and the NC Outer Banks, though if the beaches are open, there will be lots of immodestly dressed women if you venture out of your rental.

And if you don't need any Jewish amenities, you could save a lot of money just by finding a nice house with a pool in the middle of nowhere, think some random place in NC/WV/SC.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:19 pm
Fave wrote:
Orlando has many house rental option (with pools) but it’s pretty hot there in the summer.

Orlando isn't letting people who aren't from Florida use their mikvahs or grocery stores. They community hasn't given any indication that they are going to do so in the summer so I don't think planning on vacation there for the summer is a good idea.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Orlando isn't letting people who aren't from Florida use their mikvahs or grocery stores. They community hasn't given any indication that they are going to do so in the summer so I don't think planning on vacation there for the summer is a good idea.

No one is giving any indication about the summer. Read the original post, OP said her plans are depending on the situation at the time. She's not booking anything yet, she's just looking for ideas.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:28 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
No one is giving any indication about the summer. Read the original post, OP said her plans are depending on the situation at the time. She's not booking anything yet, she's just looking for ideas.

I mean the fact is that there are places in the south (Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah) that don't have these rules so it would make more sense to plan to go somewhere where you can actually get groceries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics