Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum styles you hate
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:04 pm
I hate the matching tight solid ribbed baby/toddler sets. Like WHY? Why wouldn't I choose from the adorable patterns out there? I love the normal target and carters clothing that looks like BABY CLOTHES. Pinks and tutu skirts, chambray and fake ties, stripes and cozy textured fabrics.
Just seriously don't get it.

Your turn.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:05 pm
So much black for young kids. Why.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:11 pm
Dresses for ladies that end in a bubble on the bottom with a string to tighten! Looks like a potato sack to me!
But to each their own, they were super popular last summer! LOL

simba

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:13 pm
I don't hate anything related to fashion. It's a strong word for a topic that doesn't deserve that much of my emotional space.
I find it comical that hundreds of thousands of women have identical hairstyles.
Side Bangs and soft waves etc.. only certain things work on a sheitel and so many of all ages and background look all to similar.

mochacoffee

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:13 pm
Women's beanies and baseball caps that have a massive pom pom on the top. Sometimes it's cute on kids, not on grown women.

Last edited by mochacoffee on Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

simba

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Dresses for ladies that end in a bubble on the bottom with a string to tighten! Looks like a potato sack to me!
But to each their own, they were super popular last summer! LOL

And super forgiving of a woman's body!
Looked like garbage bag to me.

lilies

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:14 pm
Absolutely no fun, young, colorful style allowed, that a child would pick. Why.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:16 pm
For boys I can't stand the feminine look. I don't buy anything for my toddler boy from a frum store. His clothing mostly comes from Carter's and Children's Place.

For girls I can't stand the shapeless sack dresses or the blah beigy or dead pink flower colors. For my younger girls I prefer much brighter colors and my tomboyish tween daughter can't stand all the ruffles and bows. It's hard to find tznius clothing for her that's plainer patterns or more geometric instead of floral.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:17 pm
simba wrote:
I don't hate anything related to fashion. It's a strong word for a topic that doesn't deserve that much of my emotional space.
I find it comical that hundreds of thousands of women have identical hairstyles.
Side Bangs and soft waves etc.. only certain things work on a sheitel and so many of all ages and background look all to similar.

I agree. Also don't want to list anything specific because I don't see a need to offend anyone for no reason. But probably my biggest pet peeve is the uniformity when a certain look becomes trendy. It loses all appeal when everyone is wearing it all the time. And no, I don't see such restrictive adherence to trends outside certain communities.

cbg

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:20 pm
youngishbear wrote:
So much black for young kids. Why.

Even for myself

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:21 pm
Bangs that cover the eyes.

Why?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:23 pm
lilies wrote:
Absolutely no fun, young, colorful style allowed, that a child would pick. Why.

I don’t see this at all. I dress my kids “frum”. In other words, European styles. My kids are dresses in tons of bright colors and funky patterns.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Bangs that cover the eyes.

Why?

Cuz we've been quarantined for months and cant go get haircuts. And now it's sefira.
That's why.
LOL

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:30 pm
All of them. Every single one. I’ve been never shopped in a frum store for myself Or my child. I never plan to.. yes I live in NY

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
All of them. Every single one. I’ve been never shopped in a frum store for myself Or my child. I never plan to.. yes I live in NY

My “frum” store does not manufacture their own clothing. Nor do they carry “frum” made clothing.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:38 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t see this at all. I dress my kids “frum”. In other words, European styles. My kids are dresses in tons of bright colors and funky patterns.

I agree. I shopped a lot on frum websites this season as it was simpler figuring out the sizes. I love bright colors and their clothing have all colors in the rainbow..

lilies

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:44 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I meant from the kid's perspective. I see many little kids dressed in the 'clothing of the season', as opposed to what a child would likely pick for themselves. Last season, the stores were selling black and white, solid greys, and nothing that would grab a child's heart. Way too staid. Let little girls have ruffles and bows, polka-dots and color!

Good for you for finding bright and fun stuff!

amother
Tangerine

amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
My “frum” store does not manufacture their own clothing. Nor do they carry “frum” made clothing.

I don’t know if you mean the store you own or the store you frequent but im
Guessing the point you are trying to make is that frum styles aren’t sold exclusively in frum stores? That may be so but in mainstream stores they have more inventory and a broader selection. Perhaps I don’t notice the frum styles as much and am just drawn to the stuff that I like. But I have yet to see a frum trend that I like or want to emulate.

computergirl

Little boys in leggings. kill me now

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hate the matching tight solid ribbed baby/toddler sets. Like WHY? Why wouldn't I choose from the adorable patterns out there? I love the normal target and carters clothing that looks like BABY CLOTHES. Pinks and tutu skirts, chambray and fake ties, stripes and cozy textured fabrics.
Just seriously don't get it.

Your turn.

Agree it looks like underwear.

And kids in leggings look like tights without a skirt - with a big diaper bulge. Ugh!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics