Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Good Curling and/or Flat Iron for shaitel

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:16 pm
What iron should I use for my shaitel? would be interested in curling one and flat one.
What do I have to know to not burn/ruin the wig (Irene)
If you can attach link on where I can buy, you get extra credit Very Happy

aliavi

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:51 pm
Use heat protection spray. Anything up to 400 degrees will be fine. Baybliss pro is the most used by SMs. I use hot tools and have two of them to rotate and maintain heat. The T3 is the best iron out. As long as the flat iron is wider and has no sharp edges it should be good enough.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:07 am
aliavi wrote:
Use heat protection spray. Anything up to 400 degrees will be fine. Baybliss pro is the most used by SMs. I use hot tools and have two of them to rotate and maintain heat. The T3 is the best iron out. As long as the flat iron is wider and has no sharp edges it should be good enough.

thanks for the response. checkign Amazon now- so many babyliss pro choices? can you narrow it down? I am looking for ceramic? also what makes the t3 better? just wondering if its worth the big price difference.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:31 pm
bump

aliavi

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:42 pm
There are different sizes of the barrel. The bigger the barrel is it makes a looser curl. It depends on what style you like.

You do not need the T3. It keeps a steady heat so you don’t have to pause and wait for the iron to heat back up between curls. It’s the best on the market if you’re not deterred by the price. You won’t need two irons like I use, you won’t have to wait between curls and the ceramic is more gentle on hair. I hope that helps.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:34 pm
I'm a sheitel macher and I've been using for many years the infinity pro ceramic by conair.(I also have a remington but don't like it as much!)
It's extremely cheap and does a very good job.
I have many of them in various sizes, flat iron and curly.
I also had expensive ones in the past and decided it was not worth the difference in price.

just me!!

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 5:18 pm
I'm not a SM- but I do know that a curler is better than a flat iron, since it doesn't have heat coming from both sides...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:23 pm
Thank you all for your input. What is the spray you use beforehand?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics