Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Would you?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:04 am
Got into a discussion with neighbors and I seemed to be the odd man out in terms of my opinion. If you asked your teenage kids to paint the front of your house and they started and worked hard one day to paint a wall and you did not like the color and they knew that you were not happy with the color that you picked, would you leave it as is so as not to hurt their feelings or ask them to re-paint?

Stars

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:06 am
I would leave it. at least for a while.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:07 am
Why would it hurt their feelings if you dont like the color that you picked yourself?

I wouldn't want to negate their hard work though. I would probably offer them a nice reward for repainting in a new color.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Got into a discussion with neighbors and I seemed to be the odd man out in terms of my opinion. If you asked your teenage kids to paint the front of your house and they started and worked hard one day to paint a wall and you did not like the color and they knew that you were not happy with the color that you picked, would you leave it as is so as not to hurt their feelings or ask them to re-paint?

I would not ask them to repaint.
If I really felt the need to change the colour, I'd repaint myself or pay a professional.

I think it is really, really annoying to ask someone to do a job for you and then to nix it... and then to ask the same persons to do it again... because I was too stupid to make the right decision from the start... That's really a bad lack of respect towards the efforts those persons invested...

It annoys me when clients do it to me, even when they pay me for the double work...
kal va chomer children who do not get paid.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 10:15 am
Are you paying them or otherwise rewarding them for their efforts? I ask because I think this kind of work by kids merits some kind of payment or reward.

If you are paying them, why not ask them to do it over. It is not as if you are insulting their work or being overly picky about how they did something.

I have hired professionals to do certain things and occasionally I didn't like the end result based on aesthetic reasons - e.g. not because of quality work. I had it redone to my taste and paid them and they had no issues doing it again because it was a mutually beneficial transaction - they got paid for doing the work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children