Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
HELP!! Very tall teen dd grew AGAIN!!
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel so bad for her, she is feeling so insecure about growing so tall. I have to act all positive with her and say "Lucky you! More new clothes!" so I am coming here to vent and get advice.

I feel so incompetent as her mother! She has been changing bra size EVERY YEAR since age 11, her chest size compared with her rib circumference is HUGE by now. 6 months ago I bought her a lot of $100 bras from a special fitter that looked great on her, thinking she was finally done growing as an older teen, only to discover she grew larger again! Along with her height, her bra size, hips and tush just keep growing, while her waist and ribs have remained the same size since she was 12, giving her a distorted,extreme hour glass shape. Clothing shopping is impossible, she is too tall for clothes in stores, and her extreme thinness combined with large chest and behind make most styles look bizarre. Clothes need to be made for her to look mentchlich, and not only can I not afford it, I dont even know how to accomplish another bra fitting or seamstress work during Covid 19.

I love her and I want her to feel pulled together and beautiful, but I feel like screaming "I cannot keep up with this! STOP growing please!!!"

If you're from brooklyn, can you tell me who this expert fitter is.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
If you're from brooklyn, can you tell me who this expert fitter is.

Store in Lakewood with very good fitters, so sorry I cant be more helpful. Btw, for everyone begging me not to cheap out on bras, do you consider $100 a bra cheap? I consider her bras very nice and expensive!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:12 pm
OP, I hear how frustrating this is for you. But how does DD feel about it? Is she happy with how she looks, and with her wardrobe options? Does she complain about her chest hurting her? And just how big a bra size are we talking?

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:41 pm
My daughter is 5'11" and has an hourglass figure as well. She is lovely bli a"h and her height has never concerned either of us-- on the contrary! I am so happy that she is comfortable in her skin BH-- Hashem made her the perfect height for her. She is also curvy but has never complained about being uncomfortable so maybe your daughter is larger on top.. mine gets good Natori bras on sale and seems fine with them. For clothing she does very well with ASOS. They have tall sizes, and loose tznius dresses are apparently in style so that has been working out very well for her. Has your daughter tried ASOS? They always have sales so it's been pretty affordable BH.

Please please only project to your daughter how beautiful and perfect she is, inside and out. Hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics