Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you dress by season?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:08 pm
Aside from wearing black to look thinner... do you feel the urge/need to wear spring-y colors in the spring etc?

I'm talking color here, not weight, to be clear.

I have a lightweight outfit that's mainly brown & khaki and I'm thinking, those are fall colors, why would I wear this in the spring?

Do you relate or think it's a strange question?

(Of course there's the whole color theory of people who are fall or spring etc & the colors they should generally wear... but I don't think it's connected to this topic.. though I'm not so sure about that either...)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:11 pm
I'd wear lightweight earth tones. Just brighten it up with bag and shoes.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:13 pm
I generally try to wear fresh light colors in Spring and summer. I have a seasonal wardrobe, with the exception of things like black slinky skirts/Monte Carlos that I wear year round

RuralIma

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:15 pm
Not really, I only have 1 black dress that I almost never wear and everything else is various shades of different colors/prints that I wear year round and mostly base it on weight/fabric not color or print.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:22 pm
Yes. I don’t wear darker tones at all anyway.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:47 pm
No, I wear whatever I feel like it no matter the season.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:54 pm
I have a few things that are definitely summer colors, so I wouldn't wear them in winter. Like a sweater with turquoise and yellow stripes. But I wear black year round.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:56 pm
I wear cheerful colors all year round! But I'm not anyone you'd want to ask for fashion advice, trust me. Smile Although this year for once I'm in style - since everyone's wearing floral prints!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:17 pm
With the colors and weight you described I would think early fall or warm fall days for myself. If you have the coloring that looks great in those colors I would go for it as long as you feel comfortable. One of my favorite summer dresses is dark navy and black. I love that it’s not sheer.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:33 pm
It's not the color, it's the weight and material.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aside from wearing black to look thinner... do you feel the urge/need to wear spring-y colors in the spring etc?

I'm talking color here, not weight, to be clear.

I have a lightweight outfit that's mainly brown & khaki and I'm thinking, those are fall colors, why would I wear this in the spring?

Do you relate or think it's a strange question?

(Of course there's the whole color theory of people who are fall or spring etc & the colors they should generally wear... but I don't think it's connected to this topic.. though I'm not so sure about that either...)

Definitely change.. I love change and variety. That khaki and brown outfit you mentioned, there's plenty spring days that are abit chilly or rainy, I'd totally wear it then.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 8:33 pm
I never understood why extremely heavy women wear nude pantyhose and make their legs look even heavier

I always wore black or navy blue or olive for that reason

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:03 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I never understood why extremely heavy women wear nude pantyhose and make their legs look even heavier

I wear nude year roundr. I like how it looks over black. Black is so depressing and sad.

Im not extremely heavy. Just overweight.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:07 am
Yes, absolutely. I wear warm clothes in winter and light ones in summer... I also wear more layers in winter than in summer... Boots rather than shoes...

I always adapt my clothing to the weather...

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:57 am
I wear black all year round, but there are certain materials I wouldn't wear in summer (like knits).

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:05 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

Nude pantyhose doesn't make legs look "even heavier", they make legs look the size that they actually are. Heavy women are allowed to be their size; they are not obligated to make themselves look slimmer.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:30 am
I hardly ever wear black except as the background to some bright colour. Wearing just black feels heavy and gloomy. I avoid black coats and black umbrellas as well. If it's dark and cold outside, I want some bright colours around me.

In the winter I tend to incline more towards deeper shades, with lighter ones for the summer, but it's not exclusive. I have a pale pink Shabbos sweater for the winter and I'm planning on wearing a grey skirt for Shabbos tonight.

Texture, breathability and weight of fabric is much more important than colour.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:40 am
Wearing lighter-toned clothes is functional.if you're going to be outside at all, dark clothes absorb the sun and make you hotter. If I am out on Shabbos afternoon with a black skirt, I am much hotter than with a light-tan or off white skirt.

If I'm not going outside much, I don't really care, but I want breathable and comfortable. For me, that often means floaty, which is inherently summery, and not too close fitting.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:53 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Wearing lighter-toned clothes is functional.if you're going to be outside at all, dark clothes absorb the sun and make you hotter. If I am out on Shabbos afternoon with a black skirt, I am much hotter than with a light-tan or off white skirt.

If I'm not going outside much, I don't really care, but I want breathable and comfortable. For me, that often means floaty, which is inherently summery, and not too close fitting.

That's the main reason I don't wear dark colors in the summer. I live in Israel - it's really about functionality.

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:56 am
Yes, I almost never wear black in the summer. I don’t think I own anything brown.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics