Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What to wear under “shvimkleid”?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:35 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Could be that it depends on the climate...
Maybe people in very hot regions don't do it...
Maybe also, the fabrics changed and dry more easily now...

Maybe. Most bathing suits dry very fast. Shvimkleids are very thin and dry in minutes.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:43 pm
Wow. Never heard or seen people changing. Both swim pieces dry in no time.

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:54 pm
I bought a seasecret swim dress with swim bra and pants that come with it and that's all I wear

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:00 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Wow. Never heard or seen people changing. Both swim pieces dry in no time.

We were always told to do this when we were kids. Not if we were coming out of the pool for 10 minutes, but if we were going to play a game, or were going home. I know where Ora is coming from.

I no longer change if I'm hanging out with friends, but my bathing suits do take a while to dry.

mochamix18

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:02 pm
I just looked up "Chaya Surie" and her "stunning piece!" Remember her shvimkleid video?[/quote]

That video was iconic 😂

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:03 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Most if not all chassidish camps have this rule. Our camp made this rule when I was in 8th grade or high school and I think it's a normal thing for chassidish camps. Girls used to wear really immodest swimwear and heavier girls would wear swimwear and very short t shirts that didn't look that flattering. A swimdress covers whatever needs to be covered.

Im chassidish and Ive never seen anyone swim with a shvimkleid on. I go to a chassidish bungalow colony and all the women and girls wear either just a bathing suit or with a tshirt on. Some will sit out of the pool like that and shmooze or tan..

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Im chassidish and Ive never seen anyone swim with a shvimkleid on. I go to a chassidish bungalow colony and all the women and girls wear either just a bathing suit or with a tshirt on. Some will sit out of the pool like that and shmooze or tan..

I'm talking about girls camps, not bungalow colonies. In most chassidish girls camp the girls must wear a shvimkleid.
I've been to afew chassidish bungalow colonies and many women wear a shvimkleid. It really depends on the colony and crowd.

zoom

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:06 pm
hi
I dont understand, is there no swimdress that comes with support like a regular swimming costume wuld?
I want to get one for when im at a pool, beach,on holiday with my husband etc, was planning on buying the kids ones they sell locally in a big teen size but they have zero support!
do the ladies ones not come with support?
whats the point of it if I have to wear a swimming bra underneath?
I dont want more then one layer in the heat.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:29 pm
zoom wrote:
hi
I dont understand, is there no swimdress that comes with support like a regular swimming costume wuld?
I want to get one for when im at a pool, beach,on holiday with my husband etc, was planning on buying the kids ones they sell locally in a big teen size but they have zero support!

No, the swimdresses don't come with any support. I wish they would, it'll be way more comfortable to wear just one layer.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:51 pm
zoom wrote:
hi

Dresses don't come with built in underwear. There's too much room for movement and error. Same with these dresses.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
We were always told to do this when we were kids. Not if we were coming out of the pool for 10 minutes, but if we were going to play a game, or were going home. I know where Ora is coming from.

I no longer change if I'm hanging out with friends, but my bathing suits do take a while to dry.

Yes, of course we all switched back into our dry cloths once we were done swimming.. But Ora said she keeps switching when in and out and back in pool.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:51 pm
zoom wrote:
hi

Exactly. That’s why I don’t wear them. Plus I find the skirts annoying to swim in.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:05 am
Landsend has a swim skirt that actually hits the knees.
I love it!

sequoia

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:47 am
It’s a European thing, my mom also taught me to change immediately or you get a cold in your lady parts.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 3:05 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Yes, of course we all switched back into our dry cloths once we were done swimming.. But Ora said she keeps switching when in and out and back in pool.

Well, now I go into the water 1-2 times, so I have to change 1 time in between... or I know I just want to go once, then I change back to my (light summer) clothes immediatly after swimming...

In general I am quite dressed when I just sit around at a beach or swimming pool...

When we were children we would change out of wet bathing suits and back in when we went to swimm... we did not need to change that often...

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:00 am
Depends if you wear a "shvimkleid" or "shrimpkleid"

zoom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Dresses don't come with built in underwear. There's too much room for movement and error. Same with these dresses.

im talking just the bra support.
most swimsuits come with support there.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:01 pm
zoom wrote:
im talking just the bra support.
most swimsuits come with support there.

A bra or swimsuit is usually tighter than a dress, and can give support.

zoom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:04 pm
do the ladies ones come with anything at the top?
like evn padding?
iv only seen the kids ones where I bought my daughters from.

Bliss

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:06 pm
I always wore my regular underwear. Worked well for me.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics