Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Veneers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:08 pm
I thought to put this in beauty topic because it is a cosmetic treatment. Has anyone done veneers for cosmetic purposes and can give some info on it? We’re you happy? What are some cons that I should be aware of?
If you’re in Lakewood who did you use?
Thanks in advance!
Anon bec I’ve been asking people I know about this IRL and prefer to protect my anonymity

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:01 am
Bump

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:20 am
Lumineers are a better choice. Cons are that you will eventually need to have them redone and obviously that are teeth are completely ruined (less so with lumineers). You probably shouldn't use anyone in Lakewood. Find someone in NYC who also does veneers in California since Los Angeles has the best veneers. Don't do triple 0 because it will stand out way too much on the east coast. If you want to look very natural do B1 if you want to look a little fakeish do a regular 0. If you can afford it, do a full top and bottom set (12 teeth). Also keep in mind if you have an overbite or something you'll still have it afterwards, but there are ways to hide that cosmetically.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:36 pm
Thanks for the info! I feel naive about this. Lumineers are the ones that don’t need teeth prepped? And I don’t know what the 0 b1 and all that is. Do u mind explaining more? Not sure why dentist didn’t explain all this to me.

LA veneer manufacturers are diff than here? I can’t get same ones on east coast?

Anyone know about going to Mexico to get it done cheaper? Someone just mentioned that to me.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the info! I feel naive about this. Lumineers are the ones that don’t need teeth prepped? And I don’t know what the 0 b1 and all that is. Do u mind explaining more? Not sure why dentist didn’t explain all this to me.

LA veneer manufacturers are diff than here? I can’t get same ones on east coast?

Anyone know about going to Mexico to get it done cheaper? Someone just mentioned that to me.

You need to prep lumineers just less than veneers and they are also much thinner so much natural looking. How pretty a veener is has to do with the lab more than the dentist but dentists in CA are more creative with polishing and setting the look. I know someone who did it in Mexico and her teeth look really good. Colors: 0, 00 and 000 are super white and b1 is the whitest teeth can be naturally (a1 is actually a little yellow). if you're an actor you can go for 000 but it will stick out in the frum tri state area. I know someone who had gorgeous veneers done with Dr. Kosdon in Manhattan but she later said he technically is overpriced for what he provides and her sister had them done in Mexico and no they are not as gorgeous but I'm not sure the difference is significant enough unless you're in the industry. Whoever you go to - look at their portfolio, discuss what you want out if it and also speak to references.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics