Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation Home in New Hampshire
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:02 pm
Anyone been to New Hampshire and stayed in a nice private house with private yard? Pref Lincoln or Bethlehem.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:04 am
I’m also considering. Do you know about minyanim and kosher food?

ChumHen

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:22 pm
I'm also looking

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:30 pm
There’s a kosher resort with individual cabins called Presidential Mountain Resort. Searching online and asking around but no one seems to have heard of it, so I’m assuming it’s new...anyone have info on it?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
There’s a kosher resort with individual cabins called Presidential Mountain Resort. Searching online and asking around but no one seems to have heard of it, so I’m assuming it’s new...anyone have info on it?

I just looked online and it doesn’t look like a kosher resort at all.
Did you see this advertised as kosher?
Maybe someone rented it out for a few weeks?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:58 pm
I called them and they emailed me a whole menu of kosher food and food for shabbos...seems like they might be chassidish? Really not sure but would love to find out more.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I called them and they emailed me a whole menu of kosher food and food for shabbos...seems like they might be chassidish? Really not sure but would love to find out more.

Where was it advertised?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:46 am
I didn’t see it advertised anywhere. I called the Chabad and asked about kosher food options, and they told me about it so I called them

ChumHen

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:38 am
can you please provide more information? I am looking for a place to stay (area?) near minyan? any leads would be appreciated?
(many years ago I rented a cabin in new hampshire - I don't remember the area, but it was so nice. I don't have that contact information any more)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:52 pm
You can google Presidential Mountain Resort. It's blocked on the website for the summer, cuz' it's being rented out for frum people only.
There's also a kosher cafe and grocery on the grounds.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
You can google Presidential Mountain Resort. It's blocked on the website for the summer, cuz' it's being rented out for frum people only.
There's also a kosher cafe and grocery on the grounds.

I’m looking for info on this. Who should I contact? The resort or is it a Jewish organization renting it out? Also what is the hashgacha on all the food?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I’m looking for info on this. Who should I contact? The resort or is it a Jewish organization renting it out? Also what is the hashgacha on all the food?

Anyone have more info on this? I would love to go here.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 11:27 am
Where was it advertised? What type of crowd is there?

Simcha36

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 6:44 pm
stayed in a nice hotel, not kosher, drove to minyanim

brought own food along (w ice box and filled ice from hotel daily). some larger suits came with a refrigerator. met other frum ppl there, took day trips together!

hotel w meals would be too pricy. my home made kugels and schnitzels are better than any take out.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:16 pm
Simcha36 wrote:
stayed in a nice hotel, not kosher, drove to minyanim

brought own food along (w ice box and filled ice from hotel daily). some larger suits came with a refrigerator. met other frum ppl there, took day trips together!

hotel w meals would be too pricy. my home made kugels and schnitzels are better than any take out.

Yes, that’s my style! I also like my homemade food better than commercial stuff.
Can you tell me some ideas for day trips in the area? Did you go this year or before corona?

STovah

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:52 pm
anyone have info on how to book at the Presidential Mountain Resort? Or any other suggestions of resorts with or very close to a minyan?

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:17 pm
Have you tried calling them? Otherwise, there will be minyan at the Days Inn in Lincoln after Tisha b'Av during the week, and likely at or near Village of Loon on Shabbos.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:17 pm
I spoke to them they are all booked

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I spoke to them they are all booked

Do you know which area they are in. Maybe I can stay close by and use them for minyan

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Do you know which area they are in. Maybe I can stay close by and use them for minyan

They let me know that they don’t let anyone join for minyanim or activities.
It is strictly for their own guests.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics