Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Wanna learn how to take good pics?

greentiger

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:36 pm
Since that photography thread was such a hit, let's have this seperate thread for sharing tips for making good pictures.
Anyone who has questions can ask them here. Anyone who's got good tips, we'd love you to share.

greentiger wrote:

1. Search for tutorials online... Diff photographers can have totally diff styles so keep reading cause you'll learn more every time.
2. For the begning try to focus on compistion -you may already know the basics here if you've done drawing.
3. Look at some of the pictures you like and ask yourself what you like about them. What makes this picture stand out? What makes it look good?
4. Most important: experiment. Try new things and go over what you have done and ask yourself the same questions above. Ask yourself what would make the picture better? What is it missing? Show your pics and get lots of feedback.

gigi

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:45 pm
Use natural lighting.
early morning, and just before sunset, are very good times.

if you can't get outside.. photograph near a window

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 11:07 pm
3 steps
1.know ur subject..or theme
2.decide "how can I focus my attention on the subject"
3. simplfy

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 7:21 pm
I use a sony cyber-shot. bli ayin hara, my kids are gorgeous and I like to take lots of pictures. I got hte camera as a gift so don't have any instruction booklet. my problem is two-fold: one, how do I get the kids to stay still long enough to get the good picture (s/t's he's in a perfect pose for a second or two but always moves), and two- there is a little dial on the back of the camera with different settings. how do I know which settings to use and what they mean? s/t's I get a perfect picture but see that if the setting was done properly it would be much better. and what about blur, since the kids move sometimes at the last second.
any help would be appreciated. thanks.

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 8:04 pm
I dont know how to play around in manual in that camera its complicating and would have to see the camera....if u stay in auto though u should get nice pics.......

mugsisme

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 9:51 pm
The big thing I learned was to take a lot of pictures. This is easy if you are using a digital camera. I was finding I was taking 10-20 pictures, and not any of them were good. I was advised to take a whole bunch. So I started just taking a ton. I find that if I take a hundred pictures (I am not kidding!), then I will end up with between 3-7 nice pictures. Sometimes it is more, sometimes less. I have good photo days, where I get a lot of great shots. And I have bad days, where no matter what I do, I get bad shots.

Also, get in close. I used to think when taking a picture of my kids, I wanted their whole face. Now, I see you can really zoom in, and still have a lovely picture.

There are a ton of photography sites. My favorite is the morgue files.

http://www.morguefile.com/arch.....m.php

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:00 am
morgue files?....freaky
no bvut ur right in zooming in someone once said if ur pic is not goo means ur not close enough....I try my sub. should fit most of frame

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 12:26 am
ok when my insrtuctor reviewed my pic.'s she liked the fact that they where of center..her words "dead center is dead boring"...so true
either turn subject to the side...tilt camera or just a bit off center it gives charecter to the pic

also when taking a pic of a person foucus on the eyes... wat people tend to do is focus on the nose and that makes the nose look very big...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics