Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Munkatch school
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

estelle1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:34 pm
Hi, I’m looking into Munkatch school in monsey for my daughter. I was wondering if anyone knows what the academic level is there, as well as the parent body, pricing, Really any information about them would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:41 pm
estelle1 wrote:
Hi, I’m looking into Munkatch school in monsey for my daughter. I was wondering if anyone knows what the academic level is there, as well as the parent body, pricing, Really any information about them would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

The school is opening for the coming school year so there's no way to know this information yet. I think it's supposed to be a neutral chassidish school similar to BDY.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:51 pm
Deleted
Missed the Monsey part...

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:53 pm
Neutral Chasidish. (Parent body type) mothers with long wigs/driving. Open minded with little restrictions.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:46 pm
Academic level will be on the higher end.

School will be neutral chassidish, but more of a BY style Chassidish (emphasis on Loshon kodesh, some teachers will be teaching in Litvish havarah, no issue with moms driving, homes need to be torahdik, no watching movies ) and they will be selective with their parent body, especially once they're well established.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:53 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Neutral Chasidish. (Parent body type) mothers with long wigs/driving. Open minded with little restrictions.

I was at the open house. I guess we come from different backgrounds, as I didn't see long wigs there. Unless to you shoulder length is long.
Looked like the typical Heimish Boro Park crowd (Vien, Gan Yisroel, BYBP) .

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:05 pm
Can anyone compare bnos derech Yisroel, munkatch(the way it seems like it will turn out) and bais shifra miriam (of today, I heard it also changed a lot recently)?

First Lady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:09 pm
BDY is a huge mix. Very warm positive atmosphere, but they're not very selective with their parent body, thus they don't have this elite name. Although they do have a lot of very nice parents.
Bais Shifra Miriam has a very pashut, simple crowd, however they also have some ritzy parents because they sometimes took in people that have money. They give a hard time and are selective so they have a more elite name.
Munkacz will probably be more like BDY, a little more selective I hear. But it's really hard to say how they will compare to the other two as they are not yet open.
As far as academics. Munkacz putting a big emphasis on academics and will definitely be higher than the other 2.
BDY takes regents but BSM doesn't so academically BDY is on a higher level than BSM.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:14 pm
First Lady wrote:
BDY is a huge mix. Very warm positive atmosphere, but they're not very selective with their parent body, thus they don't have this elite name. Although they do have a lot of very nice parents.
Bais Shifra Miriam has a very pashut, simple crowd, however they also have some ritzy parents because they sometimes took in people that have money. They give a hard time and are selective so they have a more elite name.
Munkacz will probably be more like BDY, a little more selective I hear. But it's really hard to say how they will compare to the other two as they are not yet open.
As far as academics. Munkacz putting a big emphasis on academics and will definitely be higher than the other 2.
BDY takes regents but BSM doesn't so academically BDY is on a higher level than BSM.

Thank you. Are all 3 considered chassidish neutral?
And are there other schools in this category. Chassidish yet not one specific chassidos?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Thank you. Are all 3 considered chassidish neutral?
And are there other schools in this category. Chassidish yet not one specific chassidos?

They're all chassidish neutral but BDY ended up becoming more cool chassidish. Munkatch will supposedly be more strict but time will tell. Bais Shifra Miriam is neutral but very frum, simple, Torah'dig families.
There's also Bais Rochal that's neutral chassidish and Keser Bais Yakov, but they only have younger grades.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
They're all chassidish neutral but BDY ended up becoming more cool chassidish. Munkatch will supposedly be more strict but time will tell. Bais Shifra Miriam is neutral but very frum, simple, Torah'dig families.
There's also Bais Rochal that's neutral chassidish and Keser Bais Yakov, but they only have younger grades.

Thank you. And are there more of such? Monsey really needs more neutral schools. I’m glad munkatch is opening.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:27 pm
Who from the Munkatch family will be running it? I assume a daughter or a granddaughter.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:31 pm
Thank you. And are there more of such? Monsey really needs more neutral schools. I’m glad munkatch is opening.

Monsey does need more neutral schools. But the problem is that if it's not run by a mosdos or Rebba, the school ends up being a free for all and gets not such a good name. My kids are in Sanz, it's a neutral crowd but because it's under a Mosdos and Rebba, it's run like any other chassidish school.
I don't think anyone from the Munkatch family will be running the school. It's going to be like Munkatch cheder, almost nothing to do with Munkatch per se. The Munkatch crowd in Monsey doesn't send to Munkatch.

First Lady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:35 pm
Monsey does need more neutral schools. But the problem is that if it's not run by a mosdos or Rebba, the school ends up being a free for all and gets not such a good name.
I don't think anyone from the Munkatch family will be running the school. It's going to be like Munkatch cheder, almost nothing to do with Munkatch per se.

Agree with you but I think the problem lies with the monsey chassidish community. It's more in a box than let's say BP. Where many neutral chassidish schools who are similar are very accepted(Gan Yisroel, Vien,).
Just my observation.

Last edited by First Lady on Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:36 pm
First Lady wrote:
Agree with you but I think the problem lies with the monsey chassidish community. It's more in a box than let's say BP. Where many neutral chassidish schools who are similar are very accepted(Gan Yisroel, Vien, Bais Sura) .
Just my observation.

I think Vein Monsey is working out pretty well so far. They're extremely selective with whom they accept.
The problem with schools like BDY also is that they basically accept everyone and parents are wary to send to such schools. I wonder if Munkatch will be more selective with whom they accept. My neighbor is taking her kids out of Satmer and put them in Munkatch, she's quite nervous about how it will turn out.

First Lady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:38 pm
I think Vein Monsey is working out pretty well so far. They're extremely selective with whom they accept.

Vien monsey is not Vien BP. It's more like Satmar.
And you prove my point. That a school in monsey is considered working out well as long as they're super selective and give everyone a run for their money to get accepted. Like it's the highest most valued criteria, how selective and how much of a hard time one can give parents.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:41 pm
First Lady wrote:
Agree with you but I think the problem lies with the monsey chassidish community. It's more in a box than let's say BP. Where many neutral chassidish schools who are similar are very accepted(Gan Yisroel, Vien,).
Just my observation.

Right if you don’t fit into a specific box you’re frowned upon. This is not the case in bp at all. Monsey is pretty judgemental in this way.

First Lady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:54 pm
Right if you don’t fit into a specific box you’re frowned upon. This is not the case in bp at all. Monsey is pretty judgemental in this way.

Exactly

First Lady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:08 pm
The problem with schools like BDY also is that they basically accept everyone and parents are wary to send to such schools. I wonder if Munkatch will be more selective with whom they accept. My neighbor is taking her kids out of Satmer and put them in Munkatch, she's quite nervous about how it will turn out.

I hear you. But BDY also ends up having nice parents as well because it's one of the only neutral chassidish schools, and it doesn't give as a hard time as others to accept, so nice parents who don't have pull somewhere else or people who look beyond what some in the community (who are in the box) decided to label something different with, and look at other values (warmth, dedicated staff etc) end up sending there as well.
But I do think munkatch will be more selective. With Hashem's help it should work out well for your neighbor.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:25 pm
It's a sad situation in monsey the way people judge people by where they send their kids . Its beyond rediculous! U can find dirt in the most frum schools too. Most important is how parents parent their kids @ home and how they are m'chanach. And all is bashert from hashem . The way kids turn out, the school that they go to, if hashem wants someone in bdy (even its became that name which is a shame) that's meant to be the right fit for them and best for them. I hate it when people get judged just for sending to more lenient schools. Not everyone is able to send to such restricted schools , and it's ok. As long as kids get a Jewish frum education what's the problem? It doesnt mean because someone goes to a more selective type of school, she will end up being successful more then the more lenient schools . I wish the judging stops . And I think it's mostly in monsey this horrible competition school thing.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics