Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Munkatch school
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
It's a sad situation in monsey the way people judge people by where they send their kids . Its beyond rediculous! U can find dirt in the most frum schools too. Most important is how parents parent their kids @ home and how they are m'chanach. And all is bashert from hashem . The way kids turn out, the school that they go to, if hashem wants someone in bdy (even its became that name which is a shame) that's meant to be the right fit for them and best for them. I hate it when people get judged just for sending to more lenient schools. Not everyone is able to send to such restricted schools , and it's ok. As long as kids get a Jewish frum education what's the problem? It doesnt mean because someone goes to a more selective type of school, she will end up being successful more then the more lenient schools . I wish the judging stops . And I think it's mostly in monsey this horrible competition school thing.

Yes it is. It’s horrible. Schools give a hell of a time accepting and people get judged by the school they send to.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Monsey does need more neutral schools. But the problem is that if it's not run by a mosdos or Rebba, the school ends up being a free for all and gets not such a good name. My kids are in Sanz, it's a neutral crowd but because it's under a Mosdos and Rebba, it's run like any other chassidish school.
I don't think anyone from the Munkatch family will be running the school. It's going to be like Munkatch cheder, almost nothing to do with Munkatch per se. The Munkatch crowd in Monsey doesn't send to Munkatch.

Does sanz give a hard time accepting? And is it considered neutral or most people belong to sanz chassidos?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:01 am
Every single school besides BDY, gives a hard time accepting. It's insane. If you don't have money or protektzia, you can knock a wall!
And btw, vien isn't satmar at all, but totally not bp or willi either.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:09 am
Monsey caters to two type of families, Ultra chassidish or cool. Your typical neutral BP family does not have a school to send to. This is the reality and is the reason why I will pay 3-4 times the amount for a house in BP. If you move to Monsey from BP you need to make a lifestyle change.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Monsey caters to two type of families, Ultra chassidish or cool. Your typical neutral BP family does not have a school to send to. This is the reality and is the reason why I will pay 3-4 times the amount for a house in BP. If you move to Monsey from BP you need to make a lifestyle change.

It’s so true. That’s why I said we need more of those in between schools. Maybe munkatch will turn out that way. I think sanz is like that too.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
It’s so true. That’s why I said we need more of those in between schools. Maybe munkatch will turn out that way. I think sanz is like that too.

The new schools will work for the younger crowd. If you have older kids, the neutral schools don't have their grades.

I doubt Munkatch will turn out that way, but time will tell.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:16 am
I think the new kesser beis yakkov seems like boro park neutral.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
They're all chassidish neutral but BDY ended up becoming more cool chassidish. Munkatch will supposedly be more strict but time will tell. Bais Shifra Miriam is neutral but very frum, simple, Torah'dig families.
There's also Bais Rochal that's neutral chassidish and Keser Bais Yakov, but they only have younger grades.

I want to clarify something. BDY and Munkatch are established as davka (neutral) chassidish. Whereas BSM and Bais Rochel have a mostly chassidish parent body but the school itself isn't chassidish, meaning the teachers and the hashkafos aren't davka chassidish. I believe Kesser is similar to BSM and Bais Rochel in this aspect.

There is a difference when a school is chassidish versus if the school accepts many chassidish parents. If you know anyone who went to Bais Rochel you know what I mean.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:18 am

Do they have all grades?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:19 am
First Lady wrote:
Vien monsey is not Vien BP. It's more like Satmar.
And you prove my point. That a school in monsey is considered working out well as long as they're super selective and give everyone a run for their money to get accepted. Like it's the highest most valued criteria, how selective and how much of a hard time one can give parents.

Vien monsey is not vien BP or even vien williamsburg but it's a far cry from satmar. I don't know what would make you say that.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:21 am
Do they have all grades?
No, the oldest is about 2nd grade. I heard great things about this school

amother
Purple

amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Vien monsey is not vien BP or even vien williamsburg but it's a far cry from satmar. I don't know what would make you say that.

which satmar are you comparing to?

amother
Pumpkin

yes and Bais rochel too

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:22 am
The new schools will work for the younger crowd. If you have older kids, the neutral schools don't have their grades.

I doubt Munkatch will turn out that way, but time will tell.

Munkatch advertised they have up till 8th grade.

To the poster asking abt kesser, they only have preschool.

amother
Purple

No, the oldest is about 2nd grade. I heard great things about this school

Right, so basically if your kids are grade 7 and up forget about moving to Monsey.

amother
Pumpkin

amother [ Azure ] wrote:

for next year they definitely are having at least first grade. I saw the uniform in the uniform store. Wink

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:23 am
which satmar are you comparing to?

any satmar. there's no resemblance to any.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Minkatch will likely turn out the same as the Cheder, which is not your BP neutral.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:26 am
any satmar. there's no resemblance to any.

other than the parent body in Satmar BP, which is pretty much only Satmar families, but they are still your typical BP family.

I think if you take Satmar BP school and plant it in Monsey, that would be your "neutral" school.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:32 am
Deleted
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics