Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Socially distanced kosher vacation?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:53 pm
Hi, we are a nice OOT yeshivish family, 3 little kids.

Looking for a place in the last 2 weeks of August. Could be anywhere in NY/NJ/ New England. Dates are flexible - whatever we can get during those 2 weeks.

We would love a separated house (not hotel with shared hallways) that is frum and kid friendly. In my dreams they would also provide kosher food. I'm sure all these places are booked up, but I figured maybe someone on imamother would know.

My kids are very active so would love a child friendly environment. Totally fine seeing other kids in the park or outdoors.

I would like a place where they'd deliver food or we could have it delivered vs a place we'd have to cook ourselves.

Does this exist available or only in my dreams?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:00 pm
Adding that we love chassidim, happy to be in any frum environment

Sweet as Pie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:10 pm
Try koshersprings.com

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:31 pm
Sweet as Pie wrote:
Try koshersprings.com

Is there a park to play on shabbos? Surrounded by eruv? I have several littles

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:31 pm
I think your main options are https://vtgetaway.com/ and https://www.koshersprings.com/
Note that these aren't hotels, but also aren't private houses. I believe they're all condos with a few units per building, but you can ask the organizers for more details.

There may also be a food option via Presidential Mountain Resorts in NH, but I'd be surprised if they still have availability. You could also look into options in Tannersville, NY, and if you find a house, contact Country K to ask about food options.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:39 pm
You can try a cottage in raleigh, chalet

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:40 pm
doctorima wrote:
I think your main options are https://vtgetaway.com/ and https://www.koshersprings.com/
Note that these aren't hotels, but also aren't private houses. I believe they're all condos with a few units per building, but you can ask the organizers for more details.

There may also be a food option via Presidential Mountain Resorts in NH, but I'd be surprised if they still have availability. You could also look into options in Tannersville, NY, and if you find a house, contact Country K to ask about food options.

How do you look into Tannersville options?

VT one doesnt have an eruv and not all of mine are reliable walkers so we'd be stuck inside all shabbos

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
You can try a cottage in raleigh, chalet

Thanks, I called. None available. I guess I left this too late...

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:12 pm
Tannersville has no eiruv, so that's not going to work for you. Same for NH. Maybe you could find a place in Lakewood or Monsey and get takeout there?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:20 pm
doctorima wrote:
Tannersville has no eiruv, so that's not going to work for you. Same for NH. Maybe you could find a place in Lakewood or Monsey and get takeout there?

Love that idea actually ....

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 7:51 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics