Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for new mother

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 11:32 pm
I'm going to visit a close friend in the hospital, who B"H just had a baby. I'd really like to bring her something nice, but I'm at a total loss for ideas! She isn't Frum, and I don't live in an area where I can get Kosher food (without making it myself Wink ), or Jewish books.

Did anyone bring you anything after you gave birth that was just perfect? I'm not talking about a baby gift now... something for her!

Also, it's her third kid, so she already has things like baby books, nursing pillows, etc.

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 12:53 am
I got flowers, chocolate.

depends on your budget if you want you can get her a nice basket not so big though with lotions, scented soaps, scented sprays and some bubble bath. that should do it since after you give birth sometimes you feel all blichy. that should raise her spirit.

lucky

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 5:06 am
I second supermoms idea. a basket of scented stuff sounds great. flowers are also a good (classic) idea.

Pearl

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 6:57 am
definately get her s/t nice smelling! a massage oil for legs and feet was s/t I really appreciated receiving!

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 11:42 am
my mother's best friend brought me a really nice body lotion when I was in the hosp.- it had a vanilla scent and was GREAT!

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 12:45 pm
I got 2 women stuff for the shower. I had no idea what to get them. There is a topic on this already.

proudmommy0f4

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 1:01 pm
The best thing I got while still in the hospital was fresh fruit, washed, cut up and ready to eat! Hospital food is not spectacular Wink and fruit is good for an, err, sluggish system!

ElTam

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 5:46 pm
I wouldn't bring anything other than food or maybe a gift certificate to the hospital. You have so much to schlepp home with a new baby. I remember the headache of trying to get the baby and everything in the car while worrying about whether the flower arrangements were going to spill everywhere. The hospital I delivered at actually had a wagon and I think my poor DH had to make two or three trips.

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 5:58 pm
Perfume a gift certificate to a spa or to have a message Smile

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 10:22 pm
ElTam wrote:
The hospital I delivered at actually had a wagon and I think my poor DH had to make two or three trips.

you should have ordered a uhaul to take all your stuff. Wink or a truck

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 7:56 am
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!
Actually, I had just taken some freshly baked cookies out of the oven when I went, so I just took them with, and she was thrilled!
Thanks again!

lucy

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 5:21 pm
Sorry, I guess I'm too late but maybe this will help someone else out. My cousin got for me a pretty nighgown that was perfect for nursing & didn't have a "bubbyish" look, she told me wear she bought it from & specifically said "if you don't like it please return it and pick something else."! Which was so nice!!!

mommy2

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 5:26 pm
where was the nightgown from?

1stimer

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 11:34 am
Quote:
she told me wear she bought it from & specifically said "if you don't like it please return it and pick something else."! Which was so nice!!!

that is nice and sensible too, since so many gifts end up at the back of closets or in charity stores...

chen

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 2:36 am
best baby gift I got was from a friend after I came home from the hospital. she walked in, mopped my kitchen floor, took out the trash, and left!

technic

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 4:48 am
chen that is a real true wonderful empathetic unlosable perfect friend!!! Yes

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 7:46 pm
my best friend who happens to also be my cousin after I had my baby came and sat with me in the hospital in the morning when no one was there. wathced the baby for me so I can sleep . then the next day when I went home .she did the same thing for me. I slept and she took the baby and just watched and played with it. she then send me photos of it. I had no idea she even took them. that was the best present I can ever think off.

elisecohen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 3:08 pm
I make and sell nursing necklaces. They're beaded necklaces strung very securely so the baby can play with them while nursing (or drinking bottle) so that he doesn't pull at Ima's clothes, other jewelry, etc.

But the best thing I think I ever was given was a wonderful, soft, long flannel nightgown my sister gave me when my 1st was born. I still wear it on cold nights. I can nurse in it, it is generously cut so I can wear it well into pregnancies as needed, and it is cuddly and warm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics