Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shabbos shoes that can withstand major abuse

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:59 pm
My 14 year old DS abuses his shabbos shoes. Changing into sneakers won’t work. Who makes a black leather dress shoe that can withstand a real rough and tumble boy? Approx size 7.5

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:00 pm
I make my sons wear their natives most of shabbos, and they only wear their shoes for shul and simchas.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:15 pm
Is he doing anything in them besides walking?

Is he growing quickly and you want to avoid spending a lot right now?

My husband likes his Florsheim leather dress shoes but my son about your son's size has cheaper shoes since he's just outgrowing them every time I get a wink of sleep Wink ok not exactly, but it feels like that... Either way, his shoes are definitely getting worn down on the heels and he hasn't worn then that much. If he isn't going to shul, he many times puts on either black Crocs or his slip on black loafers (weekday shoes) to hang out with friends...

gande

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:22 pm
Ecco shoes are very strong.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:40 pm
Im embarrassed to say but he plays basketball, football in them after Shul. He refuses to bring a change of shoes. It’s not a battle I want to fight. If they last 6 months with how fast he grows I am OK with it. He isn’t selfish or a money waster in any other areas.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:51 pm
So if budget isn't your concern now, I echo the Ecco recommendation Wink

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:54 pm
Ecco hybrid ones are awesome thanks for posting that brand. Price IS Steep. Hoping for some other suggestions under $100

crust

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ecco hybrid ones are awesome thanks for posting that brand. Price IS Steep. Hoping for some other suggestions under $100

Maybe Hush Puppies? Its a clumsy shoe but more sturdy. I can't imagine its cheaper than $100.

I haven't seen a shoe that can withstand the regular wear and tear of playful boys that just 'chap arein' to do this and that on the way home from shul so changing to crocs is not even a discussion.

Shabbos shoes is a quarterly expense and that's stretching it.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:51 am
These geox shows are very sturdy (sending Amazon link for image, shop around for better price, ~$70)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....31155

Also these hush puppies (a bit dressier perhaps)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....cf757
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics