Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Orchos Chaim Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:11 pm
Does anyone know if it's easier to get into the school if your not applying for Primary? Also, would applications for different grades be the same time as for Primary right after Succos?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 12:13 am
The way to get in there is to know someone who gives big money to the school or to offer them big money or to have real yichus.

Otherwise don’t even bother trying. Plus the school Got so big that most parents aren’t happy in the school anymore.

busy mommy

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 5:58 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Plus the school Got so big that most parents aren’t happy in the school anymore.

Why did you feel the need to stick your opinions in here? OP hopefully did her research and would like to send here. I'm sure it's a great school! (I don't have kids there)

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:14 am
It could be it is easier in older grades.
They also look to add more yeshivish families so if your a certain type it will be easier. They are constantly adding classes to the older grades.
It’s always worth a shot - call them and ask.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:27 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Otherwise don’t even bother trying. Plus the school Got so big that most parents aren’t happy in the school anymore.

Wow!!! This post is unbelievable. If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it. Looks like you are mad at the school for some reason.
Everyone I know that sends there is super happy!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:43 am
Thanks everyone for your replies. If we decide to apply it would be for 2nd grade. My son needs the extra support in the classroom and the school hes in now might not be the right fit for him. We are more on the yeshivish side when compared to the majority of the parent body in the school.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone for your replies. If we decide to apply it would be for 2nd grade. My son needs the extra support in the classroom and the school hes in now might not be the right fit for him. We are more on the yeshivish side when compared to the majority of the parent body in the school.

thEn I would for sure try. They want more yeshivish families (we are also much more yeshivish then most of paren body). Have someone call to put in recommendation for you.
They are excellent at giving support to kids who need extra help. Many families switch in for that reason. They just have to limit at a point when it becomes too high a percentage in the grade.
Btw the 3rd grade may be easier because they split the classes into more smaller classes. But try now anyways

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:52 am
Does anyone know if I would have to apply after succos or can it wait till a few months into the year?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics