Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Round robin playgroup

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:18 pm
I'm meeting with some mommies tomorrow to organize a round robin playgroup.

Has anyone done this before and have some advice on how it works? Taking days vs taking weeks...

I will have two kids at home ... What would be fair in terms of that?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:43 pm
Bump

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:47 pm
Days vs weeks is usually a matter of what the group wants, but days is probably easier. You can schedule life knowing that Thursdays are your commitment more easily than trying to figure out which week you're not available in November.

As far as having two kids, that depends on the rest of the group, the ages, and on how manageable your kids are. It's probably right to offer to take two days, if everyone else has one kid coming. If it's 5 families, there's a good chance everyone will be nice and say you don't have to. But no guarantees.

Last edited by imasinger on Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:48 pm
I know people that did it over the summer by week. The one with 2 kids did 2 weeks.

I know someone else who did it over the year by day. They each had one kid in it and split up the "teaching" to them. (These kids were 3 or 4). Ex. - the Friday person was in charge of Parsha.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:53 pm
imasinger wrote:
Days vs weeks is usually a matter of what the group wants, but days is probably easier. You can schedule life knowing that Thursdays are your commitment more easily than trying to figure out which week you're not available in November.

As far as having two kids, that depends on the rest of the group, the ages, and on how manageable your kids are. It's probably right to offer to take two days, if everyone else has one kid coming. If it's 5 families, there's a good chance everyone will be nice and say you don't have to. But no guarantees.

I was wondering if I can offer to make my day a more extended day... Maybe and extra hour or two longer. What do you think of that offer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics