Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bringing milk on a flight

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:19 pm
Am I the only one who fills tiny 100 ml bottles with milk for a long flight because I need my coffee and I can’t rely on getting kosher cy milk?

The liquid restriction is so difficult. But 100ml is the perfect amount for milk for coffee. I might fill more little bottles so my kids can have cereal and milk too.

What other crazy things do you do in order to make your flight a better experience?

Malkqueen

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:25 pm
I haven't tried this myself, but I heard that while there are restrictions on liquids, you can bring frozen liquid onto a plane without restrictions. So if the flight is longish, instead of bringing multiple tiny containers of milk, you may be able to bring a larger frozen bottle, which will probably be defrosted by the time you need it.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:25 pm
You can freeze it. Frozen liquids don't count as liquids. If you're traveling w a baby, put the milk in a baby bottle. They won't bother you if it's "for the baby".

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:41 pm
Yes freezing liquid works. I've tried it many times. Was able to take a full liter of water on a flight because it was frozen

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 6:00 pm
I have about 20 frozen milk bottles if you need.
Free of charge,
One catch,
you must also take one pack of falafel balls.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I have about 20 frozen milk bottles if you need.
Free of charge,
One catch,
you must also take one pack of falafel balls.

LOL LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 6:37 pm
If the milk even partially defrosts they will confiscate it and I’ll be left without milk Surprised
I’d be scared to try that. Are you sure it works?
I had an ice pack from a small cooler confiscated once because it was over 100 ml.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 7:06 pm
Put them in the bags for expressed milk. You are allowed to take those along.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
then watch the faces of your neighbors as you pour some milk into your coffee...! LOL LOL

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 7:44 pm
My DH flies regularly with mini frozen milks. No problem.
And takes regular saline and contact solution. They just do a quick test of the contents.

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 8:30 pm
I just tried flying with frozen water bottles. Since they started defrosting the TSA guy said he can't test them and threw them out

tigerwife

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 8:53 pm
I’ve flown with frozen milk and frozen yogurts. I kept them in an insulated heat/cold bag and it stayed frozen and wasn’t confiscated.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:21 pm
Can I ask how come they can't just test the liquid by making you drink it? Why do they have to ban all liquids?

Ellie7

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:17 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

Please don’t do this. You’re allowed to take expressed milk, not anything you put in an expressed milk bag. And if that privilege gets abused, nursing mothers are the ones who will suffer.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:14 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Can I ask how come they can't just test the liquid by making you drink it? Why do they have to ban all liquids?

Let’s aay your fleishig - would you still drink it...
They do test the liquid (do you really want to drink hand sanitizer or contact saline)
I think some airports or agents are stricter then others.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:06 am
I just flew from Cleveland to Newark and all the water in my carry-ons they tested and I was allowed to take. I accidentally had 2 full water bottles plus 2 filled baby bottles and a sippy and juice box.
I guess they assumed it was for the baby.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:20 am
In my experience, it depends on who the TSA agent is, and how bad a day he or she is having.

Have they met their quota of suspicious items lately? Have they dragged an old lady out of her wheelchair? Have they made you wake up a baby so they check for explosives in the diaper? Have they fought you about whether or not you are "really blind" and how badly you need that service dog? Have they dragged anyone to the side for further screening, because their sheitel looked like a "disguise"?

I swear, they must have a check list of nasty things they need to do each day, to prove that they are "doing their job".

TSA agents are people who are too unstable and too uneducated to work as shopping mall guards, and they are bitter because they can't be cops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics