Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Time for a Palette Thread (last one was over a decade ago)
1  2  Next

What color season are you?
Winter  
 42%  [ 32 ]
Spring  
 24%  [ 18 ]
Summer  
 9%  [ 7 ]
Autumn  
 24%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:17 pm
Let's talk palettes.

I was enthralled to finally have my palette done (color analysis) in my late twenties.

I am a Dusty Rose Summer. Mostly I wasn't surprised at the colors chosen for me, since I naturally gravitated towards them.

Care to share about your palette experience?

(This thread is not meant to discuss whether you agree on getting your palette done, feel free to spin that off.) Smile

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:34 pm

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:42 pm
How do I know which one I am?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:45 pm
I'm an Autumn, but I can also wear "Gentle Spring".

Mom was a Dusty Rose/Autumn. Our makeup and wardrobes were compatible, but not identical.

DD is the opposite, she's a Winter all the way. My grandmother was a Winter, too.

I can't wear any shade of yellow, but it looks amazing on DD. I can get away with all kinds of coral and terracotta, but it makes DD look pale and sickly.

I'm not really supposed to wear purple, but it's my favorite color - so FIGHT ME! Punch LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:50 pm
How do I find out what pallet I am?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Way back in the old days, when dinosaurs roamed the earth...

A consultant would come to your house, or you could host a party, and the consultant will hold up different swatches of fabric around your face. You can look in the mirror and see which ones are more flattering, and which ones make you look really yellow, or pale, or like you're coming down with the flu.

Then you find the colors that work best for your skin tone, and build a group of complimentary colors around the ones that work. Then the consultant helps you select makeup that suits your seasons, and everything ends up looking very coordinated and pulled together.

PRO TIP: You can get away with any color you want, as long as you wear it below the waist line. Any skirt color is fair game, just be sure that your top is a color that is a good match for you. For example, I don't look good in cobalt blue. If I had a skirt that was cobalt blue and burgundy patterned, I could wear a burgundy top, and it would look amazing because burgundy is one of "my colors."

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:54 pm
I don't know - maybe help me out. I know I do NOT look good in pastels. Look best in marroon, rust, aubergine, and also orange tones.

My skin is pale-ish with yellow/olive undertones. I tan really easily but have some scarring that I try to hide so I avoid tanning and put tons of lotion on but if someone accidentally sees my stomach they are usually surprised how tan it is (because it's darker than my face but same undertone). Have dark hair with warm undertone and I have olive green with amber type hazel eyes. Gold jewelry not silver color. Brown or coral lipstick not pink.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Way back in the old days, when dinosaurs roamed the earth...

A consultant would come to your house, or you could host a party, and the consultant will hold up different swatches of fabric around your face. You can look in the mirror and see which ones are more flattering, and which ones make you look really yellow, or pale, or like you're coming down with the flu.

Then you find the colors that work best for your skin tone, and build a group of complimentary colors around the ones that work. Then the consultant helps you select makeup that suits your seasons, and everything ends up looking very coordinated and pulled together.

PRO TIP: You can get away with any color you want, as long as you wear it below the waist line. Any skirt color is fair game, just be sure that your top is a color that is a good match for you. For example, I don't look good in cobalt blue. If I had a skirt that was cobalt blue and burgundy patterned, I could wear a burgundy top, and it would look amazing because burgundy is one of "my colors."

So interesting! I wish there was an app for this lol. I stick with the colors that I get complimented in the most...reds, yellows, and nudes. Was told I’d wear neons well but...lol.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:58 pm
I was curious so I googled and found this:
https://www.colormepretty.co/c.....ysis/

I didn’t do all of the tests properly but I think I’m a winter.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I don't know - maybe help me out. I know I do NOT look good in pastels. Look best in marroon, rust, aubergine, and also orange tones.

My skin is pale-ish with yellow/olive undertones. I tan really easily but have some scarring that I try to hide so I avoid tanning and put tons of lotion on but if someone accidentally sees my stomach they are usually surprised how tan it is (because it's darker than my face but same undertone). Have dark hair with warm undertone and I have olive green with amber type hazel eyes. Gold jewelry not silver color. Brown or coral lipstick not pink.

Looked it up and sounds like I'm an Autumn - definitely the only colors I wear. None of the other pallets would compliment me except maybe the red or navy from summer. Super interesting - thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Looked it up and sounds like I'm an Autumn - definitely the only colors I wear. None of the other pallets would compliment me except maybe the red or navy from summer. Super interesting - thanks!

Agreed, I would definitely say Autumn.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:03 pm
I never “had my color palette done”, but I’m most likely an Autumn.

Even as a teenager, I gravitated to earth tones like olive or forest green, russets, teal, plum and chocolate.

I also wear a disproportionate amount of turquoise, though!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:12 pm
Thanks for link FS! Your article showed me why I gravitate toward my colors.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:18 pm
Pewter, you are definitely an autumn!
I am a summer. My colors are deep purple, magenta, teal blue.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Pewter, you are definitely an autumn!
I am a summer. My colors are deep purple, magenta, teal blue.

jkw

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 3:50 am
Take a look at an English store called kettlewell. Everything is organized by season. There are some items that could work. No conbection whatsoever.

I am winter. Having a really hard time finding clear bright eye makeup. Everything seems to be muted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:53 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

There are different methods, but all basically similar in that you belong to a season.

A color analysis consultant will study your skin (by painting your skin, and figuring out the predominant pigments), hair color, and eye color. Based on that will determine your season. You can guess what you are, but it is easy to err. Hence, there are professionals...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:02 am
jkw wrote:
Take a look at an English store called kettlewell. Everything is organized by season. There are some items that could work. No conbection whatsoever.

I am winter. Having a really hard time finding clear bright eye makeup. Everything seems to be muted.

I imagine Mac would have that type of makeup

North Star

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:11 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I never “had my color palette done”, but I’m most likely an Autumn.

Even as a teenager, I gravitated to earth tones like olive or forest green, russets, teal, plum and chocolate.

I also wear a disproportionate amount of turquoise, though!

Turquoise looks beautiful on autumns!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:02 am
I recently had my palette done. But it wasn’t so much about seasons as about creating my individual palette.

I’m not such a confident shopper or dresser and this has really helped me know what to look for.
She also looked at what styles, cuts and lengths would suit my body type.

I found the process fascinating and I’m actually looking forward to going shopping once we can go again Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics