Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bussing in red zone?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:22 pm
Schools in the red zone were allowed to open in person this week. So why don't we have bussing from the opt yet? My son is in a special ed school (in the red zone) and gets bussing through the board of ed. I called the school, the bus company, the councilman, and assemblyman and didn't get a clear answer. Anyone now what's going on?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:25 pm
I live in outskirts of kj. Recently the schools were allowed to open. No busing provided yet here. I also can't understand why.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:08 pm
I just spent 30 minutes speaking to 4 different people at the opt and none were able to help me. I'm at my wit's end!

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I live in outskirts of kj. Recently the schools were allowed to open. No busing provided yet here. I also can't understand why.

Hi, neighborhood person Wink

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:11 pm
Im in the same situation in brooklyn. My school says the mayor needs to approve the bussing

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:39 pm
I take care of bussing in a red zone school, and I'm calling multiple people in the opt daily. I'm not getting anywhere unfortunately. No bussing as of now.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I take care of bussing in a red zone school, and I'm calling multiple people in the opt daily. I'm not getting anywhere unfortunately. No bussing as of now.

Who does the opt answer to? They wouldn't tell me. Is it the mayor? Senator? Governer? Why did the councilman office say they were having trouble sorting it out? It's so beurocratic and my family is suffering from this sigh

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who does the opt answer to? They wouldn't tell me. Is it the mayor? Senator? Governer? Why did the councilman office say they were having trouble sorting it out? It's so beurocratic and my family is suffering from this sigh

Ultimately, the school chancellor and mayor's office.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

The people at opt said the school needs to resubmit some kind of information or application to resume but then they said it will resume on the 16 so it is contradictory.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:35 pm
Update: I got a call back from someone high up in opt. He said the governer and mayor and health department and bus/ driver/ teacher unions are working out how to redraw the zone lines with the new information and also the governer and mayor will decide who gets to have jurisdiction over the school in nyc since it is a different population density than the rest of the state. So if the mayor gets the last word the schools may need to close again anyway.
They will announce the changes on Monday or Tuesday. Just in time for veterans day when there is no school/ bussing anyway ironically
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries