Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How much do you spend on your childrens clothing?
Previous  1  2

jemappelle

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:04 pm
never mind! I just realized the www button !

jemappelle

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:06 pm
twizzlers-- what are the pants made of?

newmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:51 pm
Twizzler, (just trying to be helpful) I think you should make it so that one can enlarge the pictures of the clothing so it's easier to see your product.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 5:43 pm
How do you spend so little on shabbos clothing? How old are your children? My oldest boy is 8 and he gets a suit and if it was $5, I would never buy it. My daughter is 9 and I never really saw anything that is tz'nius for less than $50. I make her shabbos wardrobe though.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:51 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
Try not to spend more than $5 per item, stores like Children's Place.

Same rule, though I can usually get even better (like $3-$4 if I shop in advance)...hardly ever go to TCP, though....Target, Baby Depot, but mainly second hand store.
Shabbos clothes, I am a bit more relaxed about the rule (e.g. I can't find any shirt for that price, and I need one, so I'll spend $6 for a good quality one...but if I can find cheaper, I do so. I have gotten amazing deals on them on ebay or what not because non-Jews might use them once and then re-sell. I've found an entire shabbos outfit, brand new with tags for 99 cents on ebay and combined it with a purim costume for another 99 cents; spent $4 in shipping...then I found the exact same shirt in long sleeves, brand new with tags, in a second hand store, for 4.99....so for 3 seasons worth of shabbos clothes I spent maybe $8: vest, long sleeve shirt, long pants, short sleeve shirt Smile)

Do you shop at actual brick and mortar stores? What are some good 2nd hand places to try in Baltimore?

But the key is to plan ahead if possible. I try to buy in the off season...a couple months ago I got pants and t-shirts for under $2 a piece at Target in the clearance section.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:52 pm
Do you shop at actual brick and mortar stores? What are some good 2nd hand places to try in Baltimore?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries