Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby upset stomach - pls help asap!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:19 am
My baby seems to have an upset stomach - she's had three or four messy diapers in the past hour, and she doesn't normally have dirty diapers in middle of the night at all. Now she's super cheerful and seems to think it's the morning and time to play, and she screeches bloody murder if I put her back in her crib.
She seems fine, but she keeps burping, like she's got gas or something, and every time that happens her breath smells like food (unusual because she's eight months and even though she eats real food, you can't usually smell it on her breath)... So my question, should this combined with the upset stomach make me nervous about feeding her and putting her back in her crib to go to sleep? Like I don't know, maybe it's a really dumb thing to ask, but should I be nervous that she'll throw up or something?
And even if not.... Is there anything to do for an upset stomach for a baby? Or do I just wait it out and go through diapers by the gallon in the meantime?
Sorry if this sounds like a really stupid question, but it's the middle of the night I don't really have anyone else to ask... And I need to know if I should be nervous about feeding her for any reason, bec feeding her is pretty much the best way to get her to go to sleep
Thank you!!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:29 am
As long as she wants to eat definitely feed her. Especially if it’s Breast milk. You can give her a tea with chamomile to soothe her stomach.
It’s good she’s in a cheerful mood.
Make sure she’s drinking a lot, like if you have pedialyte give her that over formula till her tummy seems more settled.
It’s ok if she goes back in the crib. If you’re concerned of vomiting in the crib place a towel or something on the sheet for easier clean up & if there’s anything in the crib (stuffed animal or what) take it out.
Refuah sheleima

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:33 am
And yes- babies will often go through a pack of diapers in a day or so. It’s ok. Hopefully she’ll be better within 24 hrs but if it gets worse definitely contact your pediatrician.
Main thing is to keep replacing the fluids she’s losing in the frequent diapers & pushing liquids/pedialyte so you’re flushing the virus or whatever’s causing the tummy upset out.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:23 am
Thank you! She seems to be sleeping now, I hope she sleeps till the morning. I really hope she's okay - I wonder if she ate too many latkes or something. Anyway I'll try to make sure she gets fluids, though her drink of choice is apple juice - does that work?
I'll see how she's doing in the morning. Thank you so much

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! She seems to be sleeping now, I hope she sleeps till the morning. I really hope she's okay - I wonder if she ate too many latkes or something. Anyway I'll try to make sure she gets fluids, though her drink of choice is apple juice - does that work?

Oh my how many latkes did she eat? Definitely stick to a bland diet today

At 8 months she should be drinking water: apple juice will not help her tummy at all.

Probiotics would be good (florastor) If you have any at home

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:37 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Oh my how many latkes did she eat? Definitely stick to a bland diet today

At 8 months she should be drinking water: apple juice will not help her tummy at all.

Probiotics would be good (florastor) If you have any at home

Nope, don't have anything, and I'm not sure I want to venture out in this weather unless it clears up.
I don't think she ate too many, she also had last week and she was fine and I don't think this was more than last time.
As for the drink - she's very opinionated, this young lady, and she doesn't go for plain water. I don't give her too much apple juice, just a little - but you're right, I should be encouraging the water more.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Apple juice will make loose diapers. We’ve got the opposite issue- chronically constipated kid and Dr. wants her having a bit of apple juice to help things move and she stubbornly refuses.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:44 am
There is a stomach virus going on in babies in NY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics