Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you do when-

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:47 pm
I live in a building with a few families. There are 2 families per floor. From floor to floor you don't hear any noise but neighbor to neighbor on the same floor you can literally hear voices.
Thing is... when voices become raised and yelling occurs.
Today my next door neighbor was yelling at his wife and she wasn't answering back or at least I didn't hear her. I heard word for word the conversation...it wasn't very nice.

Do you hear your neighbors? Do you do anything when they argue? Go into a different room or just ignore it?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:51 pm
Just ignore. Had the same in my old building, I always heard neighbors singing, yelling..... It's part of building living.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:58 pm
Stay out of it, arguing is between the couple and you don't know the whole story. They would also be very embarrassed if they knew you heard everything.

essie14

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:45 am
Ignore.
Buy earplugs.
Ignore.
Move.

I've done all of these Smile

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 4:23 am
A one-time thing? Ignore it. If you think it's a domestic abuse situation then call Shalom Task Force for advice. You could save her life.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 5:54 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
A one-time thing? Ignore it. If you think it's a domestic abuse situation then call Shalom Task Force for advice. You could save her life.

Every couple argues. Part of apartment living is hearing neighbors noises and ignoring. Loud excited talking can sound like yelling over the wall.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:38 am
I was walking on the street with my husband once and he was literally screaming at me pretty loud. Of course we got all the stares. In reality it was a conversation he was repeating word for word between 2 other ppl. So maybe it was that....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics