Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Roast vegetables

aimhabanim

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:43 pm
What vegetables do you use? Do you put oil or spices? How long do you cook them? Thanks!!!!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:45 pm
I take a sheet pan (not disposable), like it with foil, and put frozen broccoli on it (I’ve also done frozen cauliflower and green beans). I cover with salt, garlic and a sprinkling of pepper. It doesn’t need oil! I take it out when it has a slight char (which gives it a great taste).

I make this for shabbos almost every week and we love it!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:49 pm
I love sliced zucchini, sliced red onion, red pepper strips, cubed sweet potatoes coated with a little olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and paprika, baked at 400 for about 30 minutes.
Broccoli is delicious with minced garlic and soy sauce. P
Potato wedges with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika at 450 for about 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
You can roast almost any vegetable with a splash of oil and salt. Just watch out that it doesn't burn.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:53 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I take a sheet pan (not disposable), like it with foil, and put frozen broccoli on it (I’ve also done frozen cauliflower and green beans). I cover with salt, garlic and a sprinkling of pepper. It doesn’t need oil! I take it out when it has a slight char (which gives it a great taste).

I make this for shabbos almost every week and we love it!

I make this ALL the time (imamother hack) just I sprinkle with a little oil. I think oil really makes it taste even better!

Hashemlovesme1

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:54 pm
I love roasting vegetables! Potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers...
I lightly spray with oil and sprinkle salt.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:55 pm
Half moons of zucchini and yellow squash, chunks of red onion and red pepper, halved mushrooms, thin baby carrots.
Toss with oil, fresh crushed garlic, and salt and lay in one layer on a cookie sheet (not a higher pan, or else the vegetables will steam instead of roast).
Bake in oven preheated to 400, uncovered for 40 minutes.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 10:56 pm
This website is geared for baby-led weaning, but I find the list of times to be a helpful guide in general.

https://www.jennahelwig.com/bl.....ning/

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I make this ALL the time (imamother hack) just I sprinkle with a little oil. I think oil really makes it taste even better!

I skip the oil bc I think it tastes great and I want to feel guilt free about eating a ton:)

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 11:33 pm
Green beans peppers and onions are my fave. I enjoy it just sprinkled with olive oil and some fresh black pepper.

Snickers18

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 1:43 am
Yukon golds, sweet potatoes, red pepper, red onion, and butternut squash with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Comes out delicious every time.

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 2:43 am
I like roasted beets with coarse salt and rosemary. Mix with feta and pecans to serve.

Also, beets, carrots, potato, and red onion wedges. Toss with olive oil and roast. Mix with fresh garlic and oregano to serve.

Teomima

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 3:53 am
I roast anything and everything. I have preferences depending on the food though.

Most veggies are best roasted after being tossed in a bit of oil because otherwise they tend to dry out. Just enough oil locks the moisture in but doesn't make them greasy.

Personally I prefer just salt and a bit of pepper for seasoning, but that's because I really like the subtle flavors of the veggies themselves and don't want to mask them. A few exceptions are I love drizzling cauliflower and cabbage with some balsamic vinegar before roasting, a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg on butternut squash, and brussels sprouts with maple syrup and hot sauce.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics