Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Reading to your child

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:23 pm
This week after candle lighting I didn't daven. Just lit and said my yehi ratzon and sat on couch to read to my kids. I mentally spike to HKBH that I am reading to my children in hopes that all the tefillot of my heart for them should reach him.

I read to them all. Even my 11 yr old boy joined us. Slowly the littles ones all got bored and left. Instead of stopping I kept reading to my biggest one. He said "imma everyone left and I'm too big to be read to" I said "but I think you're enjoying this story so I want to keep reading to you" he didn't say a word but I could almost hear his heart beating just a little more. Eventually the baby came and sat in his lap. He gratefully accepted that snuggle and buried his head into the baby's hair as I read for him. Pretending I was reading to the baby but knowing I was reading for him. The biggest one. The bechor. We have had our painful moments. Moments that I regret with searing pain. Please H let these sweeter moments be ones of healing, closeness and growth. Please H let the moments I spend in honor of his children serve as the tefilla I don't always have the time or headspace to say.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:25 pm
This was beautiful.
❤️
Good for you.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:28 pm
This is beautiful!

I am sure HKBH accepted your tefillos with open arms! Heart Heart

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:28 pm
Beautiful!
I can't speak for Hashem, but I think He'd appreciate that over tefillos. Building a relationship with your children.

If you do want to daven, make it short and fun. I only say lecha dodi, and I sing it and dance it with my 9year old daughter. My younger daughters don't participate, but it's a happy, calm atmosphere

silverlining3

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:43 pm
Heart Heart Heart

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 1:09 pm
I think this is exactly the situation that women are not obligated in mitzvas asei shehazman grama because they are raising children.

You rock Momma

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 1:14 pm
You did good!
Hashem wants you to take of His and your children. And to create loving, calm, happy associations with Shabbos.
We should all do so well.
May you see incredible nachas from all your children as they grow into the wonderful people you daven for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics