Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Not complaining just explaining
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:04 am
Find 2 fish recipes that your family likes, 2 chicken cutlet recipes, 2 ground beef recipes etc. Then just switch off. With time, you'll acquire more recipes that your family likes and will have more options to switch off with so people don't get bored of the menu.

Make a general guideline for yourself so it's not as overwhelming.
Sunday- leftovers
Monday- chicken cutlets
Tuesday- ground beef
Wednesday- fish
Thursday- pizza
Or whatever works for your family. Like this when you think of what to make Monday, all you have to figure out is what kind of cutlets to make. It makes things easier.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:06 am
tweety1 wrote:
I find milchig suppers the hardest. Because I find it pretty hard to make filling. On my menu this week Wednesday I actually put down fish. Not sure yet what though. I want it to be delicious, not salmon, don't mind a bit of patchka either. So I'm busy searching my cookbook library for something I'll be in the mood.

How about pan seared tilapia or red snapper or branzino?

tichellady

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
It takes work for those not used to doing it but try it. You will get used to it and love it

Oh I know. Used to do it. One day!

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:46 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
OP I hear you.
My sundays/mondays are so stressful. To menu plan and shop. I don't have leftovers to rely on. Not even last night. And I make a ton for shabbos every week.
Instead of menu planning exact details, I figure 5 proteins: chicken legs, chicken breast, ground beef, some of these I use twice. Or something easy like falafel or hot dogs or chicken wings or shwarma.

Then I make sure I have 5 starches on hand: noodles, couscous, potatoes, rice, French fries

And I buy lots of fruits and vegetables.

That way I can last minute decide what to cook, whatever I'm in the mood of.

I like this idea.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics