Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Tart shells

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:25 pm
Any quick and easy side dish recipe to make with tart shells- preferably with frozen veggies.
Thanks

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:08 pm
You could do mini quiches with frozen spinach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:15 pm
challahchallah wrote:
You could do mini quiches with frozen spinach.

Thanks
That sounds wonderful!
Can you please share a Recipe?

Frumme

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:17 pm
1 bag frozen spinach, thawed or two cans of spinach, drained
1 small onion or half a medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs
1/2 cup pareve or real milk
1/2 cup low fat mayo
Bread crumbs or matzah meal
Salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika
1 par baked crust

Saute diced onions. after a few minutes, add garlic. Once translucent, add spinach. Let liquid cook out a bit and let cool.

In another bowl, mix together the three eggs, pareve milk, and mayo. Add spinach and egg mixture. Add spices. Add enough breadcrumbs to thicken (maybe 1/3 cup). Pour into prebaked pie crust. Sprinkle more bread crumbs on top. Spray with oil to get the breadcrumbs toasty, and bake at 350 for 45-60 min (depends on oven)

Would work great in tart shells!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:25 pm
Frumme wrote:
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs
1/2 cup low fat mayo
1 par baked crust

Saute diced onions. after a few minutes, add garlic. Once translucent, add spinach. Let liquid cook out a bit and let cool.

In another bowl, mix together the three eggs, pareve milk, and mayo. Add spinach and egg mixture. Add spices. Add enough breadcrumbs to thicken (maybe 1/3 cup). Pour into prebaked pie crust. Sprinkle more bread crumbs on top. Spray with oil to get the breadcrumbs toasty, and bake at 350 for 45-60 min (depends on oven)

Amazing!
Thanks so much

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:39 pm
Frumme wrote:
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs
1/2 cup low fat mayo
1 par baked crust

My usual recipe is similar to this but without breadcrumbs or mayo. I usually use a couple whole eggs, a couple egg yolks and about 2/3 cup milk (or fake milk).

Frumme

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:47 pm
challahchallah wrote:
My usual recipe is similar to this but without breadcrumbs or mayo. I usually use a couple whole eggs, a couple egg yolks and about 2/3 cup milk (or fake milk).

I used to do it without breadcrumbs but I tried it once and liked the consistency better with. Perhaps with more eggs, like your recipe, the breadcrumbs aren't necessary?

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:59 pm
Frumme wrote:
I used to do it without breadcrumbs but I tried it once and liked the consistency better with. Perhaps with more eggs, like your recipe, the breadcrumbs aren't necessary?

Maybe. I find the consistency to be good, but we could just have different preferences. I may have to try the breadcrumbs sometime too. Also, if you’re doing dairy, adding cheese makes this (and everything) better. I’ve never tried with fake cheese.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics