Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Delayed bone growth

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:39 pm
My daughter is tiny for her age. We checked bone age and she's two years behind. The doctor wants us to wait and see and isn't concerned. Does anyone have experience with this? Did your child have a growth spurt later and catch up?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:53 pm
I had a child who was "off the charts" like really small in height and weight. We checked bone age and he was 3 years behind. The Dr. told us not to worry, he would catch up later. Also factored in that me and DH are both pretty short. He continued growing at HIS pace, around age 11 he lost his starved puppy look, by his Bar Mitzvah he was growing out of his clothes every few month and has been on a growth spurt for a year now. Baruch Hashem.
If we hadn't seen steady growth in weight and height, we would have gone back for a second time in a year or two. Sometimes growth hormone or other intervention is needed.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:44 pm
Delayed bone age in a short child is a good thing usually. It means they have more time to grow. If the bone age correlated with actual age it would mean they will stop growing earlier. Make sure to have the child measured regularly so they can see if the growth rate is good. I have had two kids on growth hormones and the doctor was always okay, if not pleased, when the bone age was delayed.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:45 pm
I had a 2 year delayed bone age as I child. I grew and matured later than all my friends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics