Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What did you use your stimulus money on?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

What did you use your stimulus money on?
Straight into savings  
 31%  [ 50 ]
Debt/mortgage  
 19%  [ 31 ]
Big purchases  
 11%  [ 18 ]
Just used it all around  
 19%  [ 31 ]
Paying off debt and the rest into savings  
 8%  [ 14 ]
Other  
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 157

cookies6

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:08 pm
We will be using it to pay back an astronomical 2020 tax bill!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:23 pm
We used the stimulus money along with some other funds to buy a small investment property in Israel.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:26 pm
Debt- dental bills Sad thousands and thousands of dollars!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I started to pay off my debt, and with that first big push, I found myself being more careful....and B"H I am now cc debt free. It feels amazing.

Good for you! That's exactly what dh wants to do with this check . Last one went into savings

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:38 pm
With the first one paid off some small debts and then used it around. We were actually able to live move around as opposed to our almost paycheck to paycheck living.

Second one for my chessed vacation and the rest into savings.

Third one hopefully all into savings.

We had no savings up until now and really hoping to be to buy a house. When you start saving it gives you the push to keep putting away. I feel it's a blessing in disguise.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:40 pm
We used some to pay for our baby's vachnacht and bris. I also used some to pay for a night nurse, new clothes for myself, baby equipment.
The third stimulus will be quite a large amount and will go towards the bar mitzva we'll be making in less than a year iyh.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
With the first one paid off some small debts and then used it around. We were actually able to live move around as opposed to our almost paycheck to paycheck living.

Second one for my chessed vacation and the rest into savings.

Third one hopefully all into savings.

We had no savings up until now and really hoping to be to buy a house. When you start saving it gives you the push to keep putting away. I feel it's a blessing in disguise.

OOC what’s a chesed vacation?

Eisheschayil123

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:52 pm
I agree that tuition should be an option. I guess everyone is paid up so they dont think of these things.🤑

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:56 pm
Eisheschayil123 wrote:
I agree that tuition should be an option. I guess everyone is paid up so they dont think of these things.🤑

BH I’m not behind in tuition payments but all of the tuition comes out of a specific account, and that’s the account the stimulus went into. Tremendously, insanely helpful

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
OOC what’s a chesed vacation?

Went for someone elses sake (not my husband. He stayed behind).

I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy, but it was not sometime I wanted so much. I'd probably go without the stimulus money as well, but bh I had that money and didn't need to put on cc.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 2:37 pm
Can you add tzdaka? I hope to give it to a friend who's husband lost his job 😢

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Went for someone elses sake (not my husband. He stayed behind).

I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy, but it was not sometime I wanted so much. I'd probably go without the stimulus money as well, but bh I had that money and didn't need to put on cc.

I’m not understanding. Your husband wanted you to take a vacation. You didn’t want to. So it was a chesed to him That you went ?

(You don’t owe me an explanation I’m just curious. I’ve never heard the terminology)

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I’m not understanding. Your husband wanted you to take a vacation. You didn’t want to. So it was a chesed to him That you went ?

(You don’t owe me an explanation I’m just curious. I’ve never heard the terminology)

Lol
Never heard of this either, I actually just made it up this term.
I went with another few women cuz 1 of them desperately needed to get away. We basically took her on vacation-don't think she paid anything. And that's what I call a chessed Smile

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
how has not having a ssn effect getting the stimulus
do you mean he is not an american citizen?

No he is not. But I am, as are all our children. We file jointly and all our income is taxable yet for the first stimulus the government did not give anything to Americans who filed jointly with anyone with an ITIN instead of a SSN (with the exception of people serving in the military, I believe). It was a really cruel clause in the first round, there are so many people in our situation, people who are married to US citizens and pay US taxes but their US citizen spouses/children were ineligible for the stimulus funds. But that problem had supposedly been rectified and I can file for a rebate (for me and the kids. He doesn't get a penny from any of the checks).

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
No he is not. But I am, as are all our children. We file jointly and all our income is taxable yet for the first stimulus the government did not give anything to Americans who filed jointly with anyone with an ITIN instead of a SSN (with the exception of people serving in the military, I believe). It was a really cruel clause in the first round, there are so many people in our situation, people who are married to US citizens and pay US taxes but their US citizen spouses/children were ineligible for the stimulus funds. But that problem had supposedly been rectified and I can file for a rebate (for me and the kids. He doesn't get a penny from any of the checks).

So you or kids didn't get either
That's really not ok

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Real estate investment

What kind of real estate investment costs a few thousand?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:12 pm
The first one was used for a anniversary gift - we bought a beautiful candleabra for our shabbos table. Second and third in saving for our down payment to buy our own house iyh bh. We are from the very fortunate ones who didnt loose income during the past year. I want to publicly thank Hashem for this - I felt and still feel his loving hand.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:40 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I started to pay off my debt, and with that first big push, I found myself being more careful....and B"H I am now cc debt free. It feels amazing.

Mazel tov

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 7:55 pm
First one went to rent and baby savings (no savings prior to this point)
Second went mostly towards debt
Third will go towards debt and some current expenses.

B"H! We are finally digging ourselves out of a huge pit of debt!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:58 pm
First one went to day-to-day expenses, making Pesach, 2nd went to buying a pair of tefillin, and to be saved for that bar mitzvah.
3rd will be some savings, school building funds, and to try to get a bit ahead of living hand to mouth.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics