Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Most lightweight way to "fix" a sheer blouse

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:32 am
I found 2 blouses that are stunning but a bit sheer. What's the most lightweight way to address that? A specific material shell or something?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:33 am
A full modal shell. Either skin color or white.

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:34 am
If you're very invested you can get a lining sewn in

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:43 am
The lingerie stores sell an undershirt/ tank top for this purpose. They come in sleeveless , short and long sleeves. Get a nude colored one.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:50 am
cnc wrote:
The lingerie stores sell an undershirt/ tank top for this purpose. They come in sleeveless , short and long sleeves. Get a nude colored one.
what’s the dif between that and a shell?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:06 am
I’m wondering, how does a nude shell help? A nude shell under a sheer blouse doesn’t look any different than no shell at all. I’m not trying to be frum here, but why wear a shell with the intention of it appearing as skin? It’s not the same thing as wearing a nude top. If you’re specifically looking to cover up the slight appearance of your skin, why wear something that’ll appear as though you’re not wearing anything?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:22 am
What about something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....;th=1

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I’m wondering, how does a nude shell help? A nude shell under a sheer blouse doesn’t look any different than no shell at all. I’m not trying to be frum here, but why wear a shell with the intention of it appearing as skin? It’s not the same thing as wearing a nude top. If you’re specifically looking to cover up the slight appearance of your skin, why wear something that’ll appear as though you’re not wearing anything?

Its stops your bra showing through,and blurs the exact outline.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:41 pm
It really depends on what you mean by sheer. Like really see through -then nude does not really help.
If it just too light a weight (like a thin white blouse) then nude helps by covering all the bra lines and making the sleeves opaque--no one will see any freckles through the blouse because there will be a full shell there.
A true sheer blouse, in my opinion, needs a non-nude shell underneath.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:44 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
It really depends on what you mean by sheer. Like really see through -then nude does not really help.
If it just too light a weight (like a thin white blouse) then nude helps by covering all the bra lines and making the sleeves opaque--no one will see any freckles through the blouse because there will be a full shell there.

Elfrida wrote:
Its stops your bra showing through,and blurs the exact outline.

Got it. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:48 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:

This. I don't own white bras. They are very visible. Only nude and black.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics