Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I hate that I'm way too skinny

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 1:37 pm
Im average height but stick skinny and flat. If I do gain weight its just flab. I hate it:'( feels so unfeminine. in fashion section bec just went shopping and yet again got comments how skinny I am (not flattering way)

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 1:44 pm
We’re probably the same figure (or lack there of haha), but I love it. I belt everything, which gives a more feminine shape to my clothes. Sometimes, I wear push-up bras, depending on my shirt. I love that puffy sleeves are in because they look great when you’re shaped like a board.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 1:48 pm
women are under so much pressure.
im fat and flat.
I also hate it.

what helps is to put things into perspective and be grateful for what we DO like. Its really important to like ones body and feel good in ones body even if we can dislike some parts of it. so ill admit that I find skinny very attracive. dh is not skinny by any means but I still find him attractive. what I find attractive MOST ppl would find sick its a person0al opinion a preference but NOT super important at all. fashion shouldnt dictate what we like and dislike.

ALSO: try to find a fashion consultant/couach. basically every bodytype needs certain types of clothes(clors, cuts, tetures) whcih suit them. im 100% positive that you can find stunning fashion tha suits your bodytype, enhances your beauty and hides parts you dislike.

dont let fashionstores get you down . its so so frustrating . and puts women ebe under MORE pressure.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 1:49 pm
Can you build muscle? Nothing major but if you tone your body (with weights, squats, etc) you'll look less skinny.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:09 pm
No sympathy from me ... lol

I was over 300 and had bariatric surgery

Now I eat less than a toddler

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
women are under so much pressure.
im fat and flat.
I also hate it.

what helps is to put things into perspective and be grateful for what we DO like. Its really important to like ones body and feel good in ones body even if we can dislike some parts of it. so ill admit that I find skinny very attracive. dh is not skinny by any means but I still find him attractive. what I find attractive MOST ppl would find sick its a person0al opinion a preference but NOT super important at all. fashion shouldnt dictate what we like and dislike.

ALSO: try to find a fashion consultant/couach. basically every bodytype needs certain types of clothes(clors, cuts, tetures) whcih suit them. im 100% positive that you can find stunning fashion tha suits your bodytype, enhances your beauty and hides parts you dislike.

dont let fashionstores get you down . its so so frustrating . and puts women ebe under MORE pressure.

What fashion consultants/resources can uou recomemned to check out?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:26 pm
im in europe. I know faye hofmann is great.

she works on your color palette, your style (elegant, classic, sporty, shantyshanty, vintage etc), she teaches you which lenth skirt , which texure top, suit you personally.

its my dream to meat with a professional and get advice (I have NO idea about these things - my entire wardrobe is black and navy, cos I wouldnt knwo what matches what, and I guess black hides myproblem areas best).

im sure there are amny many professional coaches and stylists or even shoping consultants in al ost every larger city - maybe op can research it.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:27 pm
some things that work for me are. I have a short neck, so I can either wear turle neck or v neck. I CANNOT wear a regular tshirt round neck top, cos it will make me look even fatter and my neck shorter...these types of ipps are sper heloful

professor

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
What fashion consultants/resources can uou recomemned to check out?

Following. Yup I decided I'm interested in fashion now. K? Midlife crisis.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:51 pm
professor wrote:
Following. Yup I decided I'm interested in fashion now. K? Midlife crisis.

Yay I love your midlife crisis!

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:52 pm
OP, sounds really hard! I've gone shopping before with skinny friends and it's hard when the style is frilly puffy dresses that just hang on skinny people. Maybe try looking for more tailored things that won't hang on you.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 3:27 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
OP, sounds really hard! I've gone shopping before with skinny friends and it's hard when the style is frilly puffy dresses that just hang on skinny people. Maybe try looking for more tailored things that won't hang on you.

Frilly puffy dresses look great on us 2 dimensional women Smile just belt it, BOOM you’re an hourglass

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 3:34 pm
Wish I could donate some of my fat to you. You could put it in all the right places.

Sadly, thanks to our modern culture most of us are miserable with our bodies for one reason or another.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 5:05 pm
I hate my body too. I’m too skinny in one area and too fat in another. I wish there was a fat-moving machine Sad

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 5:19 pm
Hugs. I feel I look like a boy sometimes and people's envy is very annoying and shopping is not easy, especially as you get older. Some of the smaller sizes cater to short and fat, not short and skinny. I also don't want to dress like a 12 year old. A good padded bra is a huge help. I gained a few pounds over menopause without trying so that helped a bit.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 5:33 pm
You may feel bad, but I guarantee you that 90% of people think you look amazing! Models, actresses, they are all paper thin and look gorgeous!
And most women want to be thin like you, the ones that put you down are just jealous.

Aurora

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:00 pm
I had your figure until I had kids. I feel like it's like hair - almost nobody likes the hair they have naturally - and everyone compares theirs to someone else's. Now I look back at picture of "younger me" and think: man, I wish I'd known how to dress the figure I had.

Maybe it's worth looking into an image/fashion consultant for advice?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 5:15 am
Flabby? Start doing workout building lean muscles.
2nd: Jacqueline kennedy said"you can never be too thin or too rich". To be taken with some humour ladies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics