Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Shipping costs

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 8:09 am
At long last, I found a few nice dresses/skirts I like on some Jewish websites.

But the shipping costs make it unaffordable. I find something withing my budget but then shipping costs can add about another 40%

What do you do, if you live in Europe or UK and want to purchase from the USA? Without the astronomical extra costs...

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:16 am
Shop local. European clothing is generally better made than what you can buy in the US. US clothing is usually all made in China anyway.

If local clothing is too expensive, search AliExpress. You'll usually be able to find the same thing at a fraction of the price. Most shops on AliExpress offer free shipping, or shipping for a token amount.

Some sellers on AliExpress have varying price structures that can seem confusing. For example one dress can sell for 4 dollars, but shipping will be 10 dollars. In the same shop, the same dress may also be listed for 14 dollars, with free shipping. That's because people have different shopping styles, and perceived value.

It's the same price, but if you take the option with the lower sale price and higher shipping, you can avoid paying VAT. Keep your order under the VAT limit. You don't pay any taxes on shipping costs. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics