Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
To work or to stay at home?????
Previous  1  2

Tamiri

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:52 am
If you can quit it with no serious repercussions, so do it. What do you have to lose?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:15 am
You will lose disability after childbirth. You will lose time from the workforce - which will translate to a hole in your resume.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:17 am
chocolate moose wrote:
You will lose disability after childbirth. You will lose time from the workforce - which will translate to a hole in your resume.
I am not worried about that. I have not really worked in places that would make any company hire me anyway (ive done things like small time secretary, babysitting, things like that) so my whole resume is really a big hole and not really existent anyway.

as for disability, ok, but what does one need that for if they are not in the workplace anyway?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:37 am
Well, it's an amount of money live on.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:11 pm
oh! I dont think you should quit your job while pregnant because youre going to be VERY BORED. I had to quit my job at 9w pregnancy, I worked at home til about 13w, then was pesach. After Pesach I was 17w, and the rest of the pregnancy just stretched... endlessly... by week 27 I began going off my mind.... housework didnt take so long and I didnt have the energy for it anyway... Iw as so lonely... I do NOT recommend it. If you want to quit 2-3 weeks before your due date because it's hard for you to go to work, that's fine, but I think the best way to make a pregnancy fly by is to work.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:04 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
oh! I dont think you should quit your job while pregnant because youre going to be VERY BORED. I had to quit my job at 9w pregnancy, I worked at home til about 13w, then was pesach. After Pesach I was 17w, and the rest of the pregnancy just stretched... endlessly... by week 27 I began going off my mind.... housework didnt take so long and I didnt have the energy for it anyway... Iw as so lonely... I do NOT recommend it. If you want to quit 2-3 weeks before your due date because it's hard for you to go to work, that's fine, but I think the best way to make a pregnancy fly by is to work.

mama bear, thank you for telling me all that. that makes sense. I was actually thinking about just quiting before I was due.

ok, so you also said that you had no koach for house work. so then how did you do it? or how does anyone do it? work and be pregnant and keep house?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:27 pm
well, when there are no children yet, the housework isnt that extensive. I mean, I have a 2 1/2 year old and I struggle just to get supper on the table without having the entire house destroyed! Thre was nobody to make a mess, so laundry once a week and cooking once a day didnt leave that much of a mess. So that little bit that I had to do, I would do, but no big cleanups or anything of that sort, because I was just lazy and big and had little energy.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:37 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
well, when there are no children yet, the housework isnt that extensive. I mean, I have a 2 1/2 year old and I struggle just to get supper on the table without having the entire house destroyed! Thre was nobody to make a mess, so laundry once a week and cooking once a day didnt leave that much of a mess. So that little bit that I had to do, I would do, but no big cleanups or anything of that sort, because I was just lazy and big and had little energy.

I understand you, but somehow the laundry situation, even though it is only the two of us is always going. I guess my husband just uses his clothing a lot more or something and we have to usually do a load every few days. and the dishes are very hard for me to do as I have back pain if I stand for too long. so the house work does seem to pile up every once in a while, thats why I was even thinking about quiting my job now, but I guess if I was home every day and had nothing bu house work to do I would go bored b/c it would get done pretty quickly or faster B/C if was everyday.

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 11:36 pm
why dont u throw in a load every day of laundry . so not to let it pile up?

and dishes why not use disposable. so no strain on your back.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 12:00 am
I am a stay at home mother and currently 7 months pregnant. I have no koach for the housework and I am dreading the pesach cleaning. So if you have an phsically easy job such as sitting down by a computer most of the day you might as well keep it. Cause who said you will have have the koach or motivation for housework even if you dont have the time. Maybe see if you could cut down your hours and do 2 hours less a day or work 4 days instead of 5.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
I am a stay at home mother and currently 7 months pregnant. I have no koach for the housework and I am dreading the pesach cleaning. So if you have an phsically easy job such as sitting down by a computer most of the day you might as well keep it. Cause who said you will have have the koach or motivation for housework even if you dont have the time. Maybe see if you could cut down your hours and do 2 hours less a day or work 4 days instead of 5.
nope, cant do that, cut back the hours. its already not a full time job, its either work or not. I am probably going to quit before I am due but I am going to try to pull out for as long as I am able to.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics