Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sick much more frequently this year

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:16 pm
My kids and I have been sick with colds including runny nose, cough, and fever sore throats extremely often this year- I would say once a month at least (and it's on a rotation, not all at once, so insane amount of sick days from work). Is it because we were quarantined from March - July? Or is it because I have a few kids (including a baby born in the beginning of covid) so more exposure to germy classmates?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:57 am
Bump. Anyone else?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:33 am
Yes, my kids were sick so often this winter. Runny noses,coughing and they came down with a lot of viruses. Was basically my youngest two.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:43 am
We had the opposite. My kids were sick so much less than usual because they were all wearing masks in school and parents couldn't send their kids to school with "just a sniffle" this year. However, we ended up at the doctor more often than usual because for anything that was just a 24 hour virus that I normally would have just kept them home for a day and not even bothered the doctor with we had to do covid testing in order for the kids to go back to school.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:46 am
Not us Bh. We are all masked and SD and are schools are too so no one has gotten Even a cold all
Year BH. But I work in a major NYC children’s hospital and my floor is filled with tiny babies from Monsey with RSV. Like every single patient

keym

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:51 am
I think this year we became much more cognizant of all minor symptoms.
Drippy nose, sneezing, coughing, headache, tiredness, sore throat.
All of those things happen in a regular year frequently. This year, I couldn't just say "take a drink, you'll be ok".
The plus was that we made links and the kids discovered habits.
I stayed up late 3 nights in a row and now I get headaches.
Certain foods make me feel tired.
Seasonal allergies that we thought were just a cold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics