Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean/mature animation videos

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:01 am
Dh and I enjoy watching animation videos (I know that sounds babyish) especially as for him he knows it’s clean no matter what you see as they aren’t real people
What semi mature ones would you recommend? We liked the despicable me series as an example

bigsis144

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:08 am
How artistic do you want to get? If you’ve already seen all the standard Disney and Pixar movies, you can try Hayao Miyazaki’s films like Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro and more. They were originally in Japanese, but the dubbing is great. There’s a fairy tale quality to them that makes them both simple and innocent yet deal with surprisingly deep themes and emotions.

If you want to see an animated series, Avatar the Last Airbender is one of the best-written shows I’ve ever seen. It deals with war and loss and redemption in nuanced and mature ways. Even though it aired on Nickelodeon, I saw it for the first time as an adult and was blown away.

Last edited by bigsis144 on Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:08 am
So funny that you say all animated is clean because (buyer beware) that’s SO NOT the case. I mean you don’t need to look further than South Park, family guy or the Simpsons really To see how that’s not the case but There is a lot of anime that’s both violent and sxually explicit.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:10 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
So funny that you say all animated is clean because (buyer beware) that’s SO NOT the case. I mean you don’t need to look further than South Park, family guy or the Simpsons really To see how that’s not the case but There is a lot of anime that’s both violent and sxually explicit.

This. I'm rolling, animated doesn't mean clean. Adult shows that are animated are usually not clean.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:11 am
Disney Pixar's soul is amazing.

Also I second bigsis144's suggestion.... especially Avatar: the last airbender

cbsp

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:15 am
Fantasia 2000?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:17 am
Anime is the Japanese art of animation, and it's a genre unto itself. It can vary widely from children's viewing to adult, but there are some really lovely anime shows available.

Studio Ghibli is the gold standard of anime. "My Neighbor Totoro" is an award winning classic. Some of these movies are breathtakingly beautiful, as gorgeous as any painting you can imagine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....works

One of my favorites:

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:30 am
Fredomtoons they’re short, but on the mark.
There’s a history one that’s really good, I forget what it’s called.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:43 am
I haven’t seen the third movie in the How to Train Your Dragon trilogy, but the first two were fantastic. The music is one of my favorite film scores EVER, and the animation is breathtaking.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

True that's why I specified clean ones, I just meant in general that DH feels there isn't such an issue with the way women dress and all as its animation...
I know the world is a big world....
Thanks all for the suggestions, we'll check them out later on

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:22 am
Over the hedge
Boss baby
Secret lives of pets

These are humor (disclaimer haven't seen them all but look good from the trailers)

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:34 am
Klaus on Netflix - amazing if u don’t mind the xmas theme

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:36 pm
Other than Pixar...

Aisle of Dogs
The Rabbi's Cat
Kubo and the Two Strings
Wolfwalkers
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Corpse Bride

bigsis144

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:44 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Other than Pixar...

Aisle of Dogs
The Rabbi's Cat
Kubo and the Two Strings
Wolfwalkers
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Corpse Bride

Oh, Into the Spiderverse is so good. It looks like a comic book in motion in the best possible way, and the story and characters are great.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:46 pm
Up
Inside Out
The 1973 Raskin version of The Hobbit
Shrek
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics