Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any lawyers here I could ask a parking question re: Monsey

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:49 pm
Looking to find out if a store owner is correct.

What is the law in regards to parking spaces in strip malls.
If a store owner puts a sign on the wall in front of their store stating that the parking spot is for their customers only is that legal. And if I would go into another store then have in mind to go into the store I am in front of is that legal? Could they tow my car?
What happens if one stores sign is up but in front of another next door store and I am going into both stores does the store whose owns the sign have the right to tow my car because I am taking too long in the other store?

I really would like to know because I am so mad I had to rush out of the store because the owner of the other store came in said he will tow my car if I dont move it.
In the end I didnt go into his store to buy anything and I dont think I ever with him yelling at me.

watergirl

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:52 pm
It could be that each storefront is allotted or pays extra for a few extra spots for their patrons. It would be easy for you to find out who the landlord/owner of the property is and call them to ask.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:52 pm
Ask the management company. It goes by lease agreement for each store, not by law.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:58 pm
As others have stated, the lease will provide what spaces are allocated to the store. The store pays for these spaces and this is generally in smaller types of malls where there is limited parking.

If you are parking in a spot where you are planning to go to two stores, you should go to the store whose spot you are parked in first. Then tell the owner that you are also going to the other store. My experience is that the owner will give you permission unless it is obvious you are abusing it by stopping in briefly to the shop, not buying anything and then planning to spend a lot of time at the other store.

In my experience, there are some places that attract people who spend a lot of time like laundromats and other stores which really need quick convenient parking for people who are in and out like a dry cleaner or else people are likely to go to smother dry cleaner that is more convenient.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:46 pm
Like Orange said, go first to the store whose space you parked in. Plenty of places have reserved parking just for their customers. Why the store owner thought it was a good idea to find you and yell at you I’m not sure. Sounds like they don’t get much business if they have time to notice and track down parking violations. I feel sorry for them. And of course bad for you because what you did wasn’t intentional.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries