Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Any news about going to e"y?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:17 pm
Hi
Dh is israeli, I'm not.
My baby is also not Israeli.

What is the likelihood of going to eretz yisroel in August? We havent seen his parents since we got married:(

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:18 pm
If you're vaccinated, you'll almost for sure be able to get in by then

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:18 pm
I think if one spouse is Israeli, their spouse and kids can go to Israel with them. I think everyone needs to be vaccinated.
My neighbor is Israeli and he's going to Israel for shevuos with his sons that are not Israeli. They got the vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:20 pm
were not vaccinated yet
I got covid when my baby was 2 weeks old ...

I checked the chaim vechessed website it seems like a tonnnn of paperwork and circles to run before being allowed entry

I got married in israel im not legally married, would I show my rabbanut license as proof?

librarygirl

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:27 pm
If you're husbands parents are there you can definitely go. You have to be vaccinated OR have a positive pcr followed by a negative pcr to show you recovered from covid. And your baby has to be under 1 or have proof of recovery.

You may even be able to go with your husband because he's a citizen, but I don't know the rules for that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:36 pm
librarygirl wrote:
If you're husbands parents are there you can definitely go. You have to be vaccinated OR have a positive pcr followed by a negative pcr to show you recovered from covid. And your baby has to be under 1 or have proof of recovery.

You may even be able to go with your husband because he's a citizen, but I don't know the rules for that.

e/o is there were the only ones in america

whats a pcr?

why wouldnt I be able to go with my husband?

bobeli

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:05 pm
You can go, you need to apply for a permission in the consulate where you live, usually by email because they are not taking in person appointments.
There is a list of requirements in the website, is not so much.
Your rabanut marriage certificate is good.

The other thing is if you need to quarantine, that will depend on the situation when you go, the rules now are that you need a pcr test (corona virus) before flying and when you get there. You need an antibody test in Israel to exit quarantine early. I don’t remember what are the rules for kids

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 1:18 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I think if one spouse is Israeli, their spouse and kids can go to Israel with them. I think everyone needs to be vaccinated.
My neighbor is Israeli and he's going to Israel for shevuos with his sons that are not Israeli. They got the vaccine.

I don't know what you're neighbor's story is, but anyone going to Israel who is not Israeli needs a special permit, which is applied for by their Israeli first-degree relative. I am pretty sure that non-Israeli spouse is okay, but non-Israeli kids are not. Maybe that's just for non-Israeli minor kids, since kids can't be vaccinated yet. And maybe your neighbor is in for a very unpleasant surprise.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 1:28 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I don't know what you're neighbor's story is, but anyone going to Israel who is not Israeli needs a special permit, which is applied for by their Israeli first-degree relative. I am pretty sure that non-Israeli spouse is okay, but non-Israeli kids are not. Maybe that's just for non-Israeli minor kids, since kids can't be vaccinated yet. And maybe your neighbor is in for a very unpleasant surprise.

Maybe her neighbor's sons are old enough to be vaccinated.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 2:46 am
They are talking about letting tourists in starting July. They have to have proof of a recognized vaccine - recovery from Corona is not sufficient. Children under 16, who can't be vaccinated are not allowed in at this stage.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-new.....66469

If you have first degree relatives here you can get a permit to come now, but you still need proof of vaccination.

essie14

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 3:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
were not vaccinated yet
I got covid when my baby was 2 weeks old ...

I checked the chaim vechessed website it seems like a tonnnn of paperwork and circles to run before being allowed entry

I got married in israel im not legally married, would I show my rabbanut license as proof?

Why do you think you are not legally married?
The US recognizes marriages in Israel. You are legally married.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 3:31 am
essie14 wrote:
Why do you think you are not legally married?
The US recognizes marriages in Israel. You are legally married.

Maybe she hasn't applied for that recognition yet...

DVOM

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:54 am
We are also waiting waiting waiting to go!

My husband and I are vaccinated. My 4 kids (ages almost 6- almost 13) are not. My husband and kids are Israeli citizens, I'm not. Most of my husband's family is there. Quarantining the kids in Israel is just not an option; it would be so hard. So we're stuck.

My husband might go by himself at some point for a short visit if we can't take the kids, but I'd find that option really difficult, so for now we're just waiting.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 9:46 am
First degree relative here.
I read the information on the israeli government website and they mentioned an apostille document.
Whose document needs to have the apostille?
My daughter's birth certificate has it from when she made aliyah.
What needs to be done with my documentation?

Sesame

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 9:49 am
There’s a lot of misinformation here
There’s no guarantee of anything by August. Op mentions she is not legally married. Her dh is Israeli.
Having Israeli parents in law is of no relevance as they cannot apply for her. She isn’t a first degree relative.
Her dh can go no problem, but her and the baby would need an ishur to enter.
If the Israeli first degree relative is abroad (her dh) they would need to contact the consulate. Otherwise her dh would just go into misrad hapanim.
Obviously you need the rest of the paperwork to enter, such as a negative pcr, entry/quarantine form, proof of medical insurance

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:10 pm
im married acc. to israel bc I got married there but in america im not legally married yet

my baby wouldnt be allowed in with us? shell be 6 months iyh

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:18 pm
Doesnt sound like she will unless you get her vaccinated.
Im from the UK DH is Israeli and non of us can go home visit cuz we didnt vaccinate yet

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:50 pm
wannabamom wrote:
Doesnt sound like she will unless you get her vaccinated.
Im from the UK DH is Israeli and non of us can go home visit cuz we didnt vaccinate yet

uhm how can I vaccinate a 6 mo old baby with a vaccine that isnt approved for minors yet?

frumama

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:55 pm
E mail amudim. travelhelp@amudim.org
Tell them your situation and they can tell you if you can go and what you would need to do. They responded with in a day when I contacted them to find out if we can go. Hope it works out for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:02 pm
frumama wrote:
E mail amudim. travelhelp@amudim.org
Tell them your situation and they can tell you if you can go and what you would need to do. They responded with in a day when I contacted them to find out if we can go. Hope it works out for you.

Wow, thank you!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics