Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What tichels?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:49 am
I don't live in the US and am wondering what tichels ppl are wearing now? Are chenille still in? Pretied, with short or long wings? Something different?
I usually go to the US once a year and get a feel for the in things but due to covid I haven't been in a long time...

No comments about who cares etc. I never said that's what I'm going to wear, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:51 am
Chenille Snoods still very much in.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 2:57 am
Pretides are in with the long wings

trixx

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 3:08 am
I think it depends which US community? Half square is a new brand. Pretied seem to be coming back (or coming in)

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 3:10 am
trixx wrote:
I think it depends which US community? Half square is a new brand. Pretied seem to be coming back (or coming in)

What's half square?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 10:13 am
Pretieds with long wings are in. People are starting to get them and wear them just as often as the chenille snoods. I don't even own any chenille snoods.
Lakewood, for reference.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:48 pm
Half a square are triangle tichels with a velvet band so you just tie it and it stays on your head. Cheire makes really cute pretties and squares. Minu maxi makes "trendy" solid colored squares. Scarfbar and tieurknot have excellent selections as well. (Instagram)

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:42 pm
Where do I buy half square in Brooklyn? Is that a brand?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Half a square are triangle tichels with a velvet band so you just tie it and it stays on your head. Cheire makes really cute pretties and squares. Minu maxi makes "trendy" solid colored squares. Scarfbar and tieurknot have excellent selections as well. (Instagram)

Tie it over or under?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 7:55 am
Bump.
Can someone post pictures/links of what women are wearing this summer?
Chenilles are very wintery, are women wearing that in the summer?
If square tied tichels are in, how are they tied?
I would really appreciate it.
TIA

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 8:02 am
Wraps are also becoming in style! The ones like wrapunzel style. I see more and more of them. Also the long tailed Israeli style tichels are very in with the younger crowd
I think many women are trying out tichels now with all the new awareness about the problematic wigs

Crookshanks

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 12:48 pm
Search Cherie pretieds tichels to get a sense of what people are wearing.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:17 pm
I have a bunch of scarves from scarf bar, I love the way they look but I don’t like that I need to wear the band separately.
I got excited with half a square that someone posted above, but I checked out their website and they’re basically sold out of everything. Does anyone know who else sells them? Online or in BP?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:47 pm
Scarfbar nice selection. I have a couple from half a square it's a great concept but I wish they stayed on better

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Scarfbar nice selection. I have a couple from half a square it's a great concept but I wish they stayed on better

So you’re saying they’re not much better then the scarf bar ones without the band?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics