Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is there a kosher hotel in San Diego?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 9:45 am
I thought I recently saw an ad for one. Anyone know? Looking to get away with dh who isn’t well. We just need somewhere to stay relaxing and kosher. Don’t want to bring or be busy buying food. This would only be for 2-3 days. We are in ny but are willing to drive/ fly.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 9:50 am
No but KMR is doing a program there this summer.

ETA flying to the west coast from NY for only 2-3 days is very exhausting.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 9:51 am
Do you want to go to Arizona? There's a program in Flagstaff.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 10:01 am
KMR is having their program in San Diago this summer. I think their minimum stay is 5 days, but I might be mistaken.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 10:07 am
If you can afford it, try to stay in La Jolla. It’s beautiful and there is a kosher section in the Ralph’s supermarket there. (I went to San Diego on a budget trip. Stayed in Lamplighter Inn or something like that for 100 dollars a night. Motel gives free breakfast which was beyond awesome - cereal, milk, fruit, bagels, cream cheese, pastries, all kosher. We ate our money’s worth. We were near the yeshivish community and that worked out for us. However it was a 40 min drive to La Jolla, and also around the same to Mission Bay and Coronado Island which are the pretty spots. I stayed for 6 days and had wicked jet lag for most of it). Adding: you will need a car. Don’t even think of going there if you can’t drive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics