Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum clothing companies rant
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:43 am
mandr wrote:
I’m 5’8” which is not at all short and my 24” skirts always cover my knees so don’t say that 25 is too short. And I have long legs.

Im 5'5 and 25'' doesn't cover my knees. It hits my knees.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:44 am
I'm 5'7", and I've never worn a skirt shorter than 36 inches.

I find that Shein skirts and dresses run true to size in both midis and maxis. My one complaint is that a few of their styles are too high waisted for me, but that's because I have a longer torso.

They also have an amazing return policy.

hodeez

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:59 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm 5'7", and I've never worn a skirt shorter than 36 inches.

I find that Shein skirts and dresses run true to size in both midis and maxis. My one complaint is that a few of their styles are too high waisted for me, but that's because I have a longer torso.

They also have an amazing return policy.

Shein is basically the only place I shop. I barely have to make returns and everything I've gotten is so tznius.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:08 am
Leg length is a factor along with height. Im 5”3 with long legs and 24“ or sometimes even 23.5” is good for me. I could see a 5”6 woman with short legs being fine with that length too. By fine I mean that it covers my knees when standing and walking- it does not mean that it’s 4-6 inches below my knees

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:26 am
When it comes to skirt length- people have VERY different opinions about what "covers the knee" actually looks like. What is considered covered for one person would be totally unacceptable for another.

So that, in combination with height differences, makes the range of what length is "good" a very big range.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:33 am
Straight skirts need more length for sitting.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:47 am
mandr wrote:
I’m 5’8” which is not at all short and my 24” skirts always cover my knees so don’t say that 25 is too short. And I have long legs.

Its not strictly about a persons height. There s torso length and length of legs. A tall person can have a shorter or longer torso. As can any height person. So 25 can be too short.
Your experience is true for your body but you cant extrapolate to anyone else’s body.

General awareness for anything in life. Never judge -Or tell someone they are wrong based on your own experience.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
(The top trump game I was complaining about had men in tiny Speedo and body builder women in skimpy bikini. I think the poop was just a tiny part of the problem. I don’t think a frum store should sell cards with women in bikinis if geared to little boys)

Gotcha. I dont think you wrote about that in that thread Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
When it comes to skirt length- people have VERY different opinions about what "covers the knee" actually looks like. What is considered covered for one person would be totally unacceptable for another.

So that, in combination with height differences, makes the range of what length is "good" a very big range.

I'm always amazed at women who don't seem to know where their knees are. HELLO! If I can see them, then your skirt is not long enough. If you have to tug it down every time you stand up, your skirt is not long enough.

Look in the mirror! Do you see your knees? If so, your skirt is not long enough.

Who are you trying to impress?

mandr

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:59 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I'm short and 25" skirts barely cover my knees.

Maybe you have extremely long legs?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:59 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm always amazed at women who don't seem to know where their knees are. HELLO! If I can see them, then your skirt is not long enough. If you have to tug it down every time you stand up, your skirt is not long enough.

Look in the mirror! Do you see your knees? If so, your skirt is not long enough.

Yup!

watergirl

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:04 pm
keym wrote:
But there's a certain level of basics.
I am ok with a kosher supermarket selling all different types of hashgacha some that I will or won't eat.
I'm not ok with my kosher grocery selling ham or bacon or shellfish ever. Telling me that it's my responsibility as a shopper to check the hechsher still doesn't give them the right to sell shrimp.

True, clothing can't get a hechsher because what looks good on one doesn't look good on others.
But there's a level of universally accepted. Frum clothing that advertises no shells shouldn't be sleeveless, shouldn't be sheer, shouldn't be a deep vneck, and shouldn't be shatnez.

I've never seen a frum store or clothing brand that advertises no shells. Is that a thing? I've seen brands with high necks/long sleeves/covers the knee, but I've never seen any store claim no shell needed.

pknt

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Well said!

Raisin

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:37 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I love her t shirts and skirts are ok but the dresses are too short on me and I’m on the taller side but not crazy tall and not a small size, so it should be longer. I even messaged them to ask them to make their dresses longer

that's good to know. I didn't buy any dresses from them, just skirts, shells and a shell dress, which seemed fine length wise.

Hopefully they will listen to you. Dresses should either come in 2 different lengths or come with a hem that can be easily lengthened. Obviously the same dress won't work for a 5 foot or 5 foot 8 inches woman!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:43 pm
I'm not here to judge others. People can dress however they please. Tzniyus is a challenge for many. And in addition to that, women in various communities grow up with different standards.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not here to judge others. People can dress however they please. Tzniyus is a challenge for many. And in addition to that, women in various communities grow up with different standards.

I started this discussion because I find that for my standard of tzniyus, it's often very hard to find clothes in frum stores and I find that frustrating.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 1:18 pm
DD is barely 5 feet and 25 inch skirts are too short for her!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

I don’t know how this is possible unless she all legs. I’m 5’5” and 25” skirts cover my knees

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 1:36 pm
Maybe there's something we can do about it?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

I’m 5’1 and have short lengths. 25” just about hits a bit after my knees. I’d say about an inch.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics