Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Last night's This Is Us (spoilers!)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:25 pm
Anyone else FUMING about the flash-forward at the end??!!

No more Kate and Toby???? What what what what what even.

And she marries the British guy from work? Do we think she cheated on Toby? He cheated on her first when he started working in San Francisco?!

HATE everything about this storyline.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:31 pm
I agree, so depressing.

I do like the idea that Uncle Nicky is married.
As they say, a lid for every pot, at least on television.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:32 pm
Where does one watch this is us these days?

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:32 pm
Last season showed that Kate will be divorced so I know it’s coming.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:34 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Wait what? How did it show that?? Can't believe I missed that, I truly was not expecting this

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:35 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Really?
I remember reading the people who notice everything seeing Toby without a wedding ring visiting Rebecca. I thought Kate had died or was so ill she couldn't make it to Rebecca's deathbed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:36 pm
I'm actually happy that Kevin and Madison didn't get married. I never actually bought that they were in love. And they're still good friends!

And Uncle Nicky gets married! Loved that too.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:37 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I'm actually happy that Kevin and Madison didn't get married. I never actually bought that they were in love. And they're still good friends!

I was on team Sophie.

icedcoffee

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:43 pm
It was ambiguous last season what happened to Kate and Toby - there were clues about what was up, but divorce wasn't confirmed until now. I'm really not sure how I feel! They have had a lot of undeniable issues lately, but the show spent 5 seasons getting us to root for them. I don't know how they can satisfyingly tell the story of this new guy in just one remaining season.

Also, with Kevin and Madison, I do hope they end up together in the end. In the flashforward they seemed really close, more than simply civil co-parents, so I'm hoping they just needed more time for their relationship to mature and then they can get their happy ending.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:43 pm
[quote="amother [ Seagreen ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm actually happy that Kevin and Madison didn't get married. I never actually bought that they were in love. And they're still good friends!

I was on team Sophie.

Yes I'd love if Kevin got back together with Sophie!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:53 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Really?
I remember reading the people who notice everything seeing Toby without a wedding ring visiting Rebecca. I thought Kate had died or was so ill she couldn't make it to Rebecca's deathbed.

Correct. Its not just that he was in bed alone, and not wearing a wedding ring. Its that he was unsure that Rebecca would want to see him, that Jack and Hayley were not with him and were coming with someone else, and that he had clearly never seen Kevin's house, which we now know he starts building in the present timeline.

I like the direction that Kate is going. She's found her passion, what she's good at. After far too many years floundering after Jack died, and after Mark, after being purposefully mediocre in working at the diner, then for Kevin, she is finding her strength. She is becoming the woman she should be.
And Toby was not properly supportive, at least not so far.

BTW, its been confirmed that Kate does not cheat on Toby. But not that he doesn't cheat on her.

As to Madison ... we know that Kevin is married in the Rebecca/deathbed timeline. We know the twins are with him. And we know that in the 5 years forward/Kate's wedding timeline, Madison seems really happy, and tells Kevin that she told him a dozen times that morning that the room was no men allowed. And note that only Beth and Madison are with Kate; you would expect Sophie to be there if she were with Kevin -- or anyone else Kevin is with, really. Of course they could be in the proverbial bathroom, so we don't see who he's with. But I'm Team Madison. She grounds him; she's real, and she's good for him. Sophie's the past, and should remain there.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:57 pm
And I think that Sophie was the one who got the raw deal when Kevin was a jerk. Now that he has matured, it would be nice if she got to enjoy some of that.
Since Sophie was not in the room, I agree it is unlikely, but I still like her, and like her for Kevin.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:58 pm
The Kate Toby divorce is a real bummer, especially considering all they’ve been through and the fact that they have 2 Kids that really need a solid nome ( blind and adopted)
But- How did I miss that uncle nicki got married?? How did u see that?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 7:59 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Where does one watch this is us these days?

Hulu

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
The Kate Toby divorce is a real bummer, especially considering all they’ve been through and the fact that they have 2 Kids that really need a solid nome ( blind and adopted)

He says something about his wife needing stockings.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Kevin met him in the hotel (?) hallway, and Nicky was muttering something about "the wife" needing stockings. Randall said he'd take care of it.

I would have missed it, but I read it on Facebook, then rewatched the last few minutes to see if Kevin was wearing a wedding ring (you can't see his left hand).

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 8:01 pm
ok, seriuosly everyone, where can I watch the seasons for free? I cant use an amazon account... anywhere else? I miss it... havent watched since season 4

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
ok, seriuosly everyone, where can I watch the seasons for free? I cant use an amazon account... anywhere else? I miss it... havent watched since season 4

It's on Hulu which is like $6 a month or something.
Any site that has it for free is probably illegal...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's on Hulu which is like $6 a month or something.
Any site that has it for free is probably illegal...

so how do I go about it if my husband has restricted any cards from me. I cant buy anything online

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
so how do I go about it if my husband has restricted any cards from me. I cant buy anything online

Buy a Visa gift card with cash?
Sorry for what you are going through 😔
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics