Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do I wear black tights today??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:21 am
In New York. I have a casual event to go to and I can’t figure out what to do help! It’s freezing but it’s also june!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:23 am
Nude with something not too summery. Often a longer skirt.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:23 am
no.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:24 am
I am.

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In New York. I have a casual event to go to and I can’t figure out what to do help! It’s freezing but it’s also june!

Today is Sunday 30th May.

May has 31 days, so June begins on Tuesday. I don't know if that information helps solve your dilemma, but it might put it in a slightly different context.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:30 am
I am a real black tights fan. At this point I would wear nude though to a formal event (unless I was just staying home or running into the grocery store). Yesterday I hung out at home and wore black because I love wearing black but I probably would have changed if I had somewhere to go. Just don’t wear something very summery today because it’s cold and rainy outside...

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:31 am
I will be. Plus boots

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:40 am
I'm black, although I hate switching

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:55 am
It’s Memorial Day weekend . Officially summer. Fashion police would say a hard no to black.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:57 am
Elfrida wrote:
Today is Sunday 30th May.

May has 31 days, so June begins on Tuesday. I don't know if that information helps solve your dilemma, but it might put it in a slightly different context.
Rolling Laughter

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:19 am
Yes, for sure.
(I have the heat on in my house!)

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:34 am
I am, to a funeral today.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 11:44 am
Yes!! And I took the kids coats back out of storage!! Grr now I have to wash them all over again.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 12:14 pm
Just came home from a performance at my child's school. Almost all the Moms were wearing black tights.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I am, to a funeral today.

Same Crying wonder if it's the same one.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If the event is today, it's only May 30. It was 55 degrees this morning, and we got steam. be sensible: let the thermometer, not the calendar, be your guide. And for goodness' sake, black is always appropriate for a funeral. Sorry for your loss, but don't you think it's a little... frivolous to be concerned about being fashion-forward when you're going to a funeral? If you were planning to wear a bright pink satin outfit trimmed with marabou feathers and tinsel streamers with matching stockings, I would advise asking if it was appropriate garb, but do you really think that at a funeral anyone is going to care two cents if you wear nude tights or black tights? Regardless of time of year? I assure you, the avelim won't notice and if they notice they won't care.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:28 pm
This is why they make nude fleece lined.

Reality

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:45 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
If the event is today, it's only May 30. It was 55 degrees this morning, and we got steam. be sensible: let the thermometer, not the calendar, be your guide. And for goodness' sake, black is always appropriate for a funeral. Sorry for your loss, but don't you think it's a little... frivolous to be concerned about being fashion-forward when you're going to a funeral? If you were planning to wear a bright pink satin outfit trimmed with marabou feathers and tinsel streamers with matching stockings, I would advise asking if it was appropriate garb, but do you really think that at a funeral anyone is going to care two cents if you wear nude tights or black tights? Regardless of time of year? I assure you, the avelim won't notice and if they notice they won't care.

The OP isn't going to a funeral. That was another poster.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:01 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Yes!! And I took the kids coats back out of storage!! Grr now I have to wash them all over again.

You really don't.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Same Crying wonder if it's the same one.

Me too! A baby?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics