Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Another frum store vent

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:39 am
I went to one of the largest Robe stores in B.P. to buy a tziusdik nightgown for myself. I am a size 16. They had racks and racks of size 2,4,6 etc and ONE dark navy size 50. Since when are nightgowns in sizes? It used to be small, med, large. Why is there no selection of nightgowns in larger sizes? Why did this store not bring in ONE XL robe for teens for the Pesach season? The largest size for teens that they had was large.
I told them that they are the cause of girls starving themselves. It is insane that a H.S girl cannot get a new robe for Yom Tov bec. the stores only cater to size 2 and 4.
The Rabbonim bash internet use. Where do they expect larger size women and girls to shop if the local stores refuse to cater to us?
It's a shanda.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:21 am
I want to kvetch about this too!
But in this topic re nightgowns you might be very wrong, I'm a size 16/18 but I find Neishluss/Lingerie Shop nightgowns to run huge, I just bought a lingerie shop nursing nightgown in size 8 or 10 and it fits great so did you even try anything on?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
But in this topic re nightgowns you might be very wrong, I'm a size 16/18 but I find Neishluss/Lingerie Shop nightgowns to run huge, I just bought a lingerie shop nursing nightgown in size 8 or 10 and it fits great so did you even try anything on?

This. I'm a size large and lingerie shop things I fit into an extra small.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:24 am
I'm a size 16/18 and Neuschloss size 10 nightgowns would definitely not fit. However, they do have a huge selection of xl, 1x and bigger of robes and nightgown

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I'm a size 16/18 and Neuschloss size 10 nightgowns would definitely not fit. However, they do have a huge selection of xl, 1x and bigger of robes and nightgown

Yup they're actually the store that always has big stuff left over, I just got 3 tee shirts from last year on sale there, when I looked at the smaller sizes for my mother there was nothing left, so I guess there's one benefit of being a bit bigger!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

They did have a beautiful selection of adult robes in XL. Not one XL in the teen robes. The salesgirl told me she got a lot of complaints about this.
Perhaps the nursing nightgowns fit well. The regular nightgowns do not. There were a handful of 44 and 46 but racks and racks of 2,4 and 6.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They did have a beautiful selection of adult robes in XL. Not one XL in the teen robes. The salesgirl told me she got a lot of complaints about this.
Perhaps the nursing nightgowns fit well. The regular nightgowns do not. There were a handful of 44 and 46 but racks and racks of 2,4 and 6.

13 or NU? 13 has a very small selection but NU I find to be well stocked.
And yes, you're right about the teen robes, I don't know why the plus sizes are only for the more mature styles, you would think you can be only be a plus size if you have kids or something Sad

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

I bought here they sell xl and xxl and my heavy daughter always fines robes here, they have robes tops in 2and 3xl

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:57 am
The lack of plus size teen clothing is not fair. I was at the dressmaker and someone I know was altering a dress for her teen and I'm sorry to say it did not look good. She spent a fortune on unflattering clothes because she felt she had no choice. It's not ok, there should be options. If someone wants to look good they have to look on secular sites, maybe go into ladies sizes, and they don't always have the time or know how to do that. There aren't always tznius options and not everybody wants to buy two dresses in order to lengthen one to wear.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 12:10 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
The lack of plus size teen clothing is not fair. I was at the dressmaker and someone I know was altering a dress for her teen and I'm sorry to say it did not look good. She spent a fortune on unflattering clothes because she felt she had no choice. It's not ok, there should be options. If someone wants to look good they have to look on secular sites, maybe go into ladies sizes, and they don't always have the time or know how to do that. There aren't always tznius options and not everybody wants to buy two dresses in order to lengthen one to wear.

Ladida carries size 22 fyi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics