Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What do you put your food in when going on trips?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:30 pm
What do you put your food in when going on trips/outings?
Were always shlepping shopping bags and its kinda annoying. Was thinking maybe a backpack kind of idea is easier to carry. Any good ideas or links would be appreciated.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:34 pm
They make insulated kool bags. And kool bag backpacks

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:39 pm
You can get an insulated cooler on wheels. Easy to transport. Easy to clean.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:44 pm
A backpack or big totebag.

hellokitty

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:58 pm
car trips: a big hard sided "igloo" type cooler for perishables, a basket for non-perishables (I have an artsy big market basket from farmer's market and also plastic ones just like the grocery store that I ordered online, I grab whatever's closest)

plane trips: packed in ziploc bags in suitcase for things we won't need til we arrrive, packed in ziplocs in backpack/crossbody carryon for things we do need in-transit. (I don't want tsa directly handling my food 🤮)

for us, we need to see the food items to be good stewards about using it and not getting tempted to buy junk along the way

for some outings, an diaper-bag style backpack provides the wipeable interior we need to comfortably carry food, the insulated bottle pouches hold some items, or we'd put a soft small lunchbag type inside if we need additional temperature controlled space

imasinger

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:13 pm
Something like this?

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....2YVGX

ysydmom

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 2:34 pm
I have several cooler bags that we keep in the car everyone takes a water when we get to destination everything else stays in car we eat before and after trip if we need food for more meals we have a regular cooler that we can fill up. If it's a hike we use backpacks with nosh and water.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 2:35 pm
A big, sturdy reusable bag. Or an Amazon fresh box. Usually both. We take a lot of food with us.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 3:04 pm
If I need it to be portable/able to carry it around I use a backpack. We keep extra backpacks at home near the luggage and use as needed.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 3:05 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes if I wasnt being clear I meant for day trips like the park, rides, even indoor places...we always shlep along tonz of snacks, drinks....and im finding regular bags annoying.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes if I wasnt being clear I meant for day trips like the park, rides, even indoor places...we always shlep along tonz of snacks, drinks....and im finding regular bags annoying.

Right, so we take as many backpacks as needed and that's how many people need to wear/carry them.
We like the Gap backpacks in the Senior size and some of the simpler Old Navy ones as well. You can throw them in the washing machine and hang to dry.
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse.....ntent

Don't forget to only take what you need it the backpack. The rest should stay in the car or else you'll get bogged down.

Shazam

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 3:12 pm
I use these
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....37381
Every person over age 10 carries what they need for the day.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 3:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Right, so we take as many backpacks as needed and that's how many people need to wear/carry them.
We like the Gap backpacks in the Senior size and some of the simpler Old Navy ones as well. You can throw them in the washing machine and hang to dry.
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse.....ntent

Don't forget to only take what you need it the backpack. The rest should stay in the car or else you'll get bogged down.

Thanks. This ones cute.
Always curious cuz I never see ppl walking around with backpacks. But I dont have a baby in a carriage so not taking a diaper bag. In the past always put everything in there. But for a while now we dont take carriages and the shopping bag situation is just annoying and hard to shlep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics