Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Update: Question re Vehicle at risk of being booted

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:03 pm
I received the below email a few days ago.
I park on the street all the time and it's easy for them to find my car. If I park in a driveway will they not be able to boot me?
If they boot me, how much does it cost to have the boot removed?

Dear NYC Driver,

A xxxxx with plate xxxxx associated with this email has unpaid camera violations.

If you or the vehicle's owner do not pay or dispute the unpaid camera violations immediately, this vehicle will be at risk of being booted or towed.

To pay your violations, visit www.nyc.gov/citypay and select "Parking Tickets." Use this violation number xxxxx
To dispute your violations, visit www.nyc.gov/disputeticket.
If you need assistance, please call 311, contact the Department of Finance via our online customer service portal, or schedule an appointment to visit a DOF business center.
Remember, you or the vehicle owner must take action immediately or this vehicle and any other associated vehicle(s) will be at risk of being booted or towed.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Java

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:07 pm
Um... why don't you just pay the violations?
Kinda seems like the path of least resistance

Last edited by Java on Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:08 pm
cutestbaby wrote:

Haha. Yes this.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:12 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Kinda seems like the path of least resistance

If I had the money I would pay it.
I disputed the tickets and my dispute was dismissed. I have an appointment to speak with the office of (don't remember the name) on Thursday, to see if they can help me.

Java

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I disputed the tickets and my dispute was dismissed. I have an appointment to speak with the office of (don't remember the name) on Thursday, to see if they can help me.

Got it.
Honestly I would borrow money to take care of this. I know it's not fun but its not not not the kind of thing you want to ignore.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It will cost you more if you get a boot put on. Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:15 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
its not not not the kind of thing you want to ignore.

Can you say more? So I know what to expect. I don't like surprises 😔

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:16 pm
Can you reply with proof that the dispute is ongoing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:17 pm
If I park it in a driveway til Thursday can they still boot me?
I can ask my neighbor if she'd let me park in the driveway for a few days, but want to know first if parking in the driveway will prevent the boot.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I park it in a driveway til Thursday can they still boot me?
I can ask my neighbor if she'd let me park in the driveway for a few days, but want to know first if parking in the driveway will prevent the boot.

My neighbors car was booted in a driveway. Not only that the poor person that shared the driveway with her couldn’t get her car out

Java

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you say more? So I know what to expect. I don't like surprises 😔

Your car will get booted or towed.
The city doesn't just forget about things like this- you can't expect to park your car in a neighbor's driveway for a few days and have the problem magically go away

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 1:52 pm
When you say your dispute was dismissed do you mean the charges were dismissed or not? It is very difficult to dispute a camera violation because they are caught on camera Wink

If the charges still stand which I assume they do being that you got this email they can definitely boot or tow you wherever they find your vehicle.

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:24 pm
The city is trading 1 unpaid parking ticket in exchange for proof of vaccination. 🙃

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
The city is trading 1 unpaid parking ticket in exchange for proof of vaccination. 🙃

Seriously??
Can you link?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:13 am
They will boot you wherever they find your car, driveway or not. And the longer it sits unpaid, the worse it’ll get. They’ll add fees, like even a few hundred dollars, that you won’t be able to get taken off later. They won’t just forget about it they’ll just keep making it worse for you

I had an unpaid ticket a couple years ago that resulted getting my license suspended. I had to go to court, I had to spend an extra $300 in fees on the ticket plus an extra $100 fee to reinstate my license. So not worth it to push off, figure out how but get it paid asap

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:13 am
cnc wrote:
Seriously??
Can you link?

https://cbs6albany.com/news/lo.....ccine

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

12. I Don’t Want to Get “Booted,” so What Can I Do To Prevent it if I Can’t Pay All of my Outstanding Parking Tickets?

You may be able to enter into a payment plan at a Finance Business Center to spread payments out over a period of time. Check requirements for entering into a payment plan at nyc.gov/finance.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/fina......page

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/have-a-parking-ticket-in-albany-forgiven-with-a-covid-vaccine

It looks like ticket forgiveness is only in Albany.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:23 pm
Update:
I went to the Advocate's office and he said he would get my vehicle off the boot list. He looked at my documents/violations, etc. and agreed something was amiss.

I'm grateful that office exists. I couldn't stomach borrowing close to a thousand dollars to pay fines and boot removal fees, knowing I was innocent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries