Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lilibet Diana
1  2  3  Next

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:09 pm
Mazal tov Harry and Meghan!
Interesting name choice, no?
I guess that means their grievances are mostly with Charles and maybe Philip, because they named after Diana and the Queen.

NotLazySusan

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:09 pm
Mazal Tov!

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:12 pm
I love the name ( I think they will call her Lily for short which is adorable) and wish them all the best of luck. May she have a better life than the women she was named after (Diana).

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:13 pm
I love the name.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I guess that means their grievances are mostly with Charles and maybe Philip, because they named after Diana and the Queen.

**were with Philip.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:23 pm
Mazel tov. May she grow up healthy and strong.

But for people who claimed they wanted to step out of the spotlight, they seem to put themselves in it an awful lot.

I despise (and I use the word advisedly) people who do what they did, making scurrilous accusations without naming the person, placing everyone under suspicion. So I'm not real fond of Lili's parents.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:08 pm
Lilbet is queen Elizabeth’s nickname

pause

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:09 pm
Congrats! From their official statement, it's clear they plan on calling her Lili.

Of course their issues are with Charles or possibly other extended family members.

iyar

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:14 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Or it could be that they felt funny naming a baby girl Charles Philip.

Writergirl

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:22 pm
I don't love the fact that they named their daughter the Queen's private nickname (never mind after they trashed her family and Firm numerous times.) To me that feels disrespectful. I wonder how she feels about it. Then again I'm not a huge fan of Lili's parents. They are so quick to slice down anyone they feel threatened by and do it all publicly with compassion as their tagline.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
**were with Philip.

Do you correct everyone’s grammar?
I’m not sure you’re even right about what you wrote. They still have grievances. The grievances didn’t disappear just because Philip died.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:30 pm
iyar wrote:

It’s 2021, men can be women and women can be men, so that can’t be it. Wink

My point was that I assume they aren’t upset with the Queen or Princess Diana, being that they named their baby for these people. Who else is left? Philip and Charles… (I guess William and Kate too.)

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:35 pm
Poor kid.
Such a shame when these 2 kids can grow up surrounded by cousins and extended family. Until I watched the interview I had no opinions. Now......
Can't Believe It

etky

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:41 am
Writergirl wrote:
I don't love the fact that they named their daughter the Queen's private nickname (never mind after they trashed her family and Firm numerous times.) To me that feels disrespectful. I wonder how she feels about it. Then again I'm not a huge fan of Lili's parents. They are so quick to slice down anyone they feel threatened by and do it all publicly with compassion as their tagline.

That was also my first thought.
It seems presumptuous somehow.

moonstone

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:14 am
I don't like the name Lilibet at all.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:59 am
iyar wrote:

Charlotte Philippa.

Maybe that would have been too much like her cousin, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:07 am
I love the names Lilibet and Lily (Lili).

I may be wrong, but I think that the Queen has final approval on all the names of royals. I can't see her allowing anyone to name their child Moon Unit Zappa, so I assume she approved Lilibet.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:11 am
The Queen does have to approve all royal names, though I'm not sure how far that extends.

However, Harry and Megan have removed themselves from royal conventions, and probably aren't waiting for the Queen or anyone else.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:20 am
They are very obviously making a statement by calling her Lilibet. Whoever they have issues with, it is not the Queen. (And Lilibet is first, not Diana).

Watch it become a trending name soon!

I was in school with someone named Lilibet, short for Elisheva, but that is the only one I ever heard of.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:26 am
May Elisheva Adina be raised with good values and accomplish many good things!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics