Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lilibet Diana
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:12 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Mazal tov Harry and Meghan!
Interesting name choice, no?
I guess that means their grievances are mostly with Charles and maybe Philip, because they named after Diana and the Queen.

I'm just wondering why they choose to name after the side of the family they keep on demonizing. Why not name the baby after her family, if the RF is such a pain in *ss for them?

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
I'm just wondering why they choose to name after the side of the family they keep on demonizing. Why not name the baby after her family, if the RF is such a pain in *ss for them?

There isn't much yichus on her side. Most families of all religions tend to give preference of baby names to the side with "yichus"

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:14 am
moonstone wrote:
I don't like the name Lilibet at all.

Because it's not a name. It's a nickname.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
There isn't much yichus on her side. Most families of all religions tend to give preference of baby names to the side with "yichus"

Even when you go on global syndicated TV show and vilify them publicly? Sounds awfully contradictory.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Even when you go on global syndicated TV show and vilify them publicly? Sounds awfully contradictory.

Well that couple is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle...

There are people who have left their communities. Who have yichus. They live lives completely opposite of what their birthright stands for... Yet they still market and use their yichus.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:20 am
allthingsblue wrote:
It’s 2021, men can be women and women can be men, so that can’t be it. Wink

My point was that I assume they aren’t upset with the Queen or Princess Diana, being that they named their baby for these people. Who else is left? Philip and Charles… (I guess William and Kate too.)

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana already exists, so they definitely weren't going there.

Why not include Doria? I mean, if you've made a point about stepping out of the royal family, why not honor Meghan's family as well?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:26 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana already exists, so they definitely weren't going there.

Why not include Doria? I mean, if you've made a point about stepping out of the royal family, why not honor Meghan's family as well?

My 'kashe' as well.

Anyone with some pirushim?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:33 pm
I don't dislike the name, but it sounds like "little bit"

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:54 pm
Dollars to donuts the Queen is not pleased with the name choice. It's her private nickname, not meant to be used by all and sundry. My understanding is that Harry told his grandmother that he was going to name his daughter after her but he didn't tell her he was going to use her nickname. Twisted Evil That is pretty typical Harry and Meghan.

I dislike the choice because aside from being disrespectful it's awfully cutesy. Just like Archie's second name, Harrison. Harry's son, get it? Isn't it sooo cute? This is the same idea. And now both children have nicknames as their first names. Very California-celebrity.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
Poor kid.
Such a shame when these 2 kids can grow up surrounded by cousins and extended family. Until I watched the interview I had no opinions. Now......
Can't Believe It

Yups. I look down on both of them a lot.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:02 pm
They couldn't even leave the Queen with her private nickname alone. It was how Prince Philip used to call her. Even that they took from her, I thought this was disrespectful and I wouldn't imagine she's pleased with it.

Debbie

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
They couldn't even leave the Queen with her private nickname alone. It was how Prince Philip used to call her. Even that they took from her, I thought this was disrespectful and I wouldn't imagine she's pleased with it.

Lilibet was what the queen called herself when she was a small child and couldn't pronounce Elizabeth, the name stuck and was used by her parents and grandparents, and later Prince Philip.
Prince Philip also had another pet name for the queen which was 'Cabbage!' I have no idea why.
Apparently the names of the queen's grandchildren and great grandchildren have to be given her approval, but I wonder if Harry and Meghan actually asked.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:30 pm
The whole extended family calls the Queen Lillibet, except for her direct descendants. One of the cards at Prince Phillip's funeral was addressed to, 'Dear Aunt Lillibet'. It was from the Spanish royal family, who are some kind of cousins.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:57 pm
I think it is so tacky

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:59 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My 'kashe' as well.

Anyone with some pirushim?

I heart that the nickname (Lili) is an informal nod to Doria, because her pet nickname for Meghan is Flower. I also heard the Brits think the name is disrespectful to the Queen, because it repurposes a personal nickname between spouses or something.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:11 pm
No one will ever know because the Queen won't say publicly that she approves or disapproves.

My personal opinion is that she doesn't care one way or another. She wrote off Harry and Megan a long time ago as being respectable royals and has no expectations of them at all.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:21 pm
ha! I didnt know his middle name is Harry'sSon.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:24 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
ha! I didnt know his middle name is Harry'sSon.

Harrison

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:05 pm
It beats a poor girl being called Philippa

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:08 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
It beats a poor girl being called Philippa

Which is my mother's name, and I think it's beautiful!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics