Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Makeup Artist question - WWYD?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:25 pm
I'm a makeup artist and have a job booked for today. Now I was informed that the woman has a cold and is feeling under the weather.
Although I am very careful to clean my products and tools after each use, I still feel uncomfortable doing the job. I don't want to pass on germs to any future clients. I can't really back out now though...

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:32 pm
Why did they tell you that? Did they offer to back out? If you’re uncomfortable then cancel.

simba

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:34 pm
Maybe she has makeup you can use for her lips and throw put the sponges so no cross contamination..

It would be very upsetting if you cancel on her.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:36 pm
Give her an all cream look and throw away the sponges after. Set with setting powder using a brush you won't miss or cleanse really well before next use

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Why did they tell you that? Did they offer to back out? If you’re uncomfortable then cancel.

No, it randomly came up while discussing logistics. She was not saying she would do it herself, and I do feel bad for her. I would not want to cancel.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:39 pm
I would not cancel, but wear a mask while applying and be extra careful after when cleaning. I think its safe to assume a lot of people can be carrying sick germs (whether they know it or not, or you know it or not) in these situations and you just always have to be careful about passing it on. Assuming everything is properly cleaned there shouldnt be anything to worry about

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:11 pm
Thank you for your responses! I ended up doing it and just cleaning my brushes very well, but I felt a lot calmer knowing I had your "backing" and wasn't being crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics