Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying with kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:07 am
Havent flown with kids in over eight years-
A few questions
1) 9 month old baby/ we got him a seat. Is it better to bring the snap n go car seat and base OR the city mini stroller with his big chunky car seat?
If we bring city mini and car seat, do they let us bring both on the plane? How do we carry the car seat through the airport?
2) what documents do I need for the kids to get on the plane now? Any?
4) suggestion of day trips in north Miami
5) suggestion for photographers in north Miami?

Thank you!

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:32 am
As far as #2: Are you flying abroad or within the same country?

If you are flying abroad, they will obviously need passports.

Certain countries have entry requirements re: covid recovery/vax certificates, but that depends on the country.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Havent flown with kids in over eight years-
A few questions
1) 9 month old baby/ we got him a seat. Is it better to bring the snap n go car seat and base OR the city mini stroller with his big chunky car seat?
If we bring city mini and car seat, do they let us bring both on the plane? How do we carry the car seat through the airport?
2) what documents do I need for the kids to get on the plane now? Any?
4) suggestion of day trips in north Miami
5) suggestion for photographers in north Miami?

Thank you!

1- you can bring any career with a FFA approved sticker. Carrying a car seat in the airport- good luck!
2- assuming you are us citizens flying within USA- officially birth certificates, but they don’t always ask
3- nothing much to do besides the beach and the zoo

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:58 am
9 months: snap and go is perfect. Gate check both.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:07 am
It's been a long time since I've flown with a baby myself, but as someone who likes to people watch, here's what I've seen.

1. Depends on what your plans are. If you'll be using mostly cars, consider buying a cheap umbrella stroller for a bit of walking. If you'll be walking around a lot (amusement parks, zoos, etc), and/or your baby is picky, take the snap n go. Personally, I'd suggest the first option.

As to shlepping the car seat in the airport, that's why Hashem made luggage carts, and suitcases with wheels and straps. If needed, ask a flight attendant what's the closest place to get (and bring) the luggage cart, if you have too much to shlep, so one parent can wait with baby and stuff, while the other brings it.

2. In general, a boarding pass is all the ID that kids under 18 need to fly for domestic flights. However, some airlines charge less for kids of a certain age, or have different mask rules for kids under a certain age. It doesn't hurt to bring a copy of birth certificate.

Have fun!

MommyM

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 11:33 am
I find the snap n go car seat a lot easier to use when traveling. If you bought him a seat, you can bring the car seat on board, and check in the stroller part. If you're mostly going to be in/out of the car, as opposed to a lot of walking, the snap n go may be a lot easier.
If you do want to bring your city mini, is it possible to get a car seat adapter for your snap n go car seat? Then, you can have the best of both worlds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics